I found that this site is great for discussing PC builds, hence I would appreciate anyone who would help me for my first gaming rig build. (note I am a complete noob to PC's)
- Hardcore/Casual gaming (COD, Guild Wars, Borderlands 2, etc)
- General multimedia (watching movies, occasional work with excel, etc)
Initial Build Thoughts
- Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (white & blue)
- CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge
- GFX: Asus GTX660 Ti
- MB: ASUS P8Z77-V PRO (with Thunderbolt)
- RAM: Mushkin 2 x 4gb
- HDD: Seagate ST31000528AS (1Tb)
- Power Supply: Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus II 625W
- SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB
- Heat sink: Xigmatek cooler
- DVD: Samsung DVD Burner
Possible Swap outs:
- MB: Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional (recommended by friend)
- MB: Asus Maximus V Gene (superfast gigabite LAN apparently)
- MB: Asus Sabertooth Z77 (thermal armor & extra fans on MB)
- GFX: Asus GTX660 Non-Ti? (save money)
- Any other suggestions?
Overall I think my initial build sounds OK. The total cost of it is around HKD10,000 ~ USD1,300/GBP850 (I'm willing to go +/- 10% I guess).
Other costs I'm thinking about is the purchase of a monitor, keyboard & mice, speakers, etc (which will bring my total up to around HKD13,000. I think I would like to stick around this budget.
As you might see, I'm basing my build around the Z77 chipset, ready for the windows 8 upgrade. I mentioned several MB's because each have their own advantages, P8Z77-V has an onboard wifi card, Maximus for superfast connection, Sabertooth for clean tidy MB & extra fans, etc. One note to make is that I want to futureproof myself so I guess taking into consideration the overclocking abilities of the setup should be considered. Gaming wise, I guess I'll be playing the mainstream games on hopefully high/max settings at an average 60 FPS (don't mind going slightly lower).
I am open to any comments about this build and hope that anyone can provide me their opinions on this build with maybe comments on upgrades, etc.
I would like to thank anyone in advance for their kind comments