Mass Effect: Andromeda

DanTheGamer11

Yeah, so far the rest of 2015 and 2016 is looking pretty good :) Can't wait to see the new armours, maybe the armour you start off in ME2 will be back(at least upgraded), was so cool... yeah I have a thing for armour/power armour :D

Wonder what month they meant by end of year D: Hope they spill some beans till then too

• 4 months later...

2015 N7 Day trailer, it's good

2nd Nov blog

http://blog.bioware.com/2015/11/02/n7-day-is-almost-here/?sf42134047=1

7th Nov blog - N7 Day

http://blog.bioware.com/2015/11/07/happy-n7-day-3/

Are those "some" surprises for today? :c Some info would of been nice I guess, idk

Edited by DanTheGamer11

#N7Day Extra Life Marathon Stream on twitch starting in like 20 minutes too

http://www.twitch.tv/BioWare

stream was fun^^

official channel has teh video up now, I really like it, would of been nice to have both male and female shepard versions though, idk maybe they thought this is better

Edited by DanTheGamer11

I rather like that it's Jenn Hale doing the voice for it. Has that good authoritative sound to her as Shepard, which works out well. Wonder if when the game begins you can choose whether or not your Shepard was male or female and then get the respective voice playing. Either way, looking forward to it for sure.

Yeah the voice suits the trailer, but felt strange at first since I played as male Shepard, apparently so did the majority, it probably sounded better with her tho

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/11/video-reveals-new-mass-effect-andromeda-hints-including-character-name/

https://www.reddit.com/r/masseffect/comments/3rvu04/theory_meas_protagonist_will_be_called_ryderrider/

https://twitter.com/GambleMike/status/663052608685408256?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Some hints about the player character(idk if player but meh) maybe too with the dog tag(Ryder) and photo with somebody and 2 kids, the reddit thread has some interesting stuff

I wonder if that segment of spacetravel was in realtime(i think so since the earth doesn't rotate in the sequence), speed from mars to neptune was like 2500 times the speed of light(it was accelerating so it's not 2500 the whole way but just wanted to see how long it took, it's bigger than 2500 tho), would take like 300 years to reach the galaxy at that, but the ship was still accelerating so idk, hope they mention stuff like that ^^

Were there only nasa astronauts in this trailer?

I really like this trailer, especially the music, dem feels tho, seems like this was before the reapers attacked earth

You've never played femShep? Why not? It's a fantastic time and honestly she fits a renegade playthrough much more than a male.

Yes, only NASA. Problem?

Speculation, speculation. Still a year out, so feel free to come up with whatever crazy ideas until E3 in June. :lol: Ryder makes sense and be a nice homage to Sally Ride, the first American woman in space. Andromeda is ~2.5 million light years away, so it's going to take a long time to get there. It's our closest major galactic neighbor, but that's not saying much. Andromeda is also huge, has one trillion stars (we just have 200-400 billion), and who knows what potential things to discover in ME:A.

I liked playing default male Shepard that's why, also the played Paragon way ^^ T

Just an observation, was surprised not to see the first person in space, idk

The introduction is going to be interesting, I wonder if they will use some of this trailer in it, and they have to account for the relays being destroyed after they left so rip communications. This and Deus Ex Mankind Divided will probably be my fav games of 2016, hope they use this games potential well. Until then I hope they release more trailers of this class without spoiling much, it is an exploration game after all ^^ Sorta wish they would of announced the game like Bethesda did with Fallout 4, like half a year before launch

I wonder how they will treat interaction with different species, maybe we can form alliances and stuff

nvm about the communications, read on the wiki that they have quantum entanglement comms in the universe, don't see why they wouldn't have it on the ark ship unless plot

Edited by DanTheGamer11

QECs were used in Mass Effect 3. Maybe they were still too new before the ship was launched towards Andromeda, or far too expensive. Maybe it doesn't work as fast between the vast emptiness of space. Who knows, it's a year out. Big deal. Plenty of time for EA/BioWare to reveal stuff.

If Todd Howard had his way, we wouldn't know about Fallout 4 until today or tomorrow. Howard's a huge perfectionist and the fact Bethesda announced a game and released it within five months is almost never seen for something on that level.

I doubt price would be a concern for a plan where the reapers won?(it seems that way), and for QEC it's meant to be instantaneous. Hopefully they don't reveal too much, I want to find out all this in game ^.^

I just like that they announced F4 when it was pretty much done so people don't have to wait for it too long(less than half a year), plus it's easier for them to build and maintain hype.

Hope the year+ wait for this game is worth it, so much potential

QECs rely on a central station, Arcturus, and it was wiped out when the Reapers attacked. Point-to-point communication, basically. The Normandy had one of the only working QECs in the Alliance fleet, with others slowly coming back online. QEC is near instantaneous in the Milky Way, but like I said, Andromeda is 2.5 million light years away. And you're guessing Andromeda has relays. What if it doesn't? The relays were a construct of the Reapers, and so far we don't know if they were only in the Milky Way or not. It's all guessing at this point. It's all a guess since BioWare isn't saying a thing.

Like I said, Howard is a perfectionist who didn't want to show off Fallout 4 until it was near a level he was comfortable with. The biggest and most ambitious game Bethesda has done so far, so it makes sense. Plus it helps when ZeniMax basically lets Bethesda do what it wants when it comes to games and marketing. EA, well, not so much.

From what I read QEC is instantaneous, the only lag introduced is the processing, so distance isn't relevant according to the lore(or wiki lel). Would of been silly of them to put the other paired end of QEC where all the others were, or maybe the weren't expecting to survive, idk

The bit about relays was for "conventional" communication, the lag would be much less if the ship was communicating to the nearest relay point in milky way rather than to the citadel, or idk, maybe the citadel would be the closest, I don't know the layout of the two galaxies in the game, didn't know of QEC until after that comment.

okei

Too bad info will be ew and far between :( Am really looking forward to this title