Would you purchase Windows 8 for $40?

Gremlin

36 members have voted

1. 1. Windows 8 $40 ?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@El_Capitan have you tried simply booting from DVD and running it from that?

I can install a clean Windows 8 version fine. Doing the upgrade from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 8 Pro can't be done in the DVD installation boot-up, it has to be done from Windows 7.

No - it seems like an expensive way for Microsoft to boost its app library so it can compete with the iPhones and the Androids.

WTH though, Microsoft has too much money so it can afford "investments" like Win 8.

Well after couple of days installing and trying it .. It starts up quick. Like the grpahic presentation of file transfer. Using a different program to show start.. It does not use much memory in idle. Gaming wise.. Games does load up quicker for me like BF3 and MOH for example.. I do have an Intel SSD.

What I can't figure out is to get the secondary monitor to stick with the metro UI and the primary one to have the classic desktop.. Yes it took a while to find the shutdown button but with the tool installed, it is much easy now..

I do fix computers and laptop on the side, so basically $40 to get an OS and play with it is not a bad deal.

Yay! I got my upgrade to work! I switched from my Test Bench to one of my other Test Computers. Gonna give it a better try.

So, my 2nd clean install on my Test Bench though, the ethernet port failed to have a good connection. Something with Windows 8 Pro doesn't like the ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 with a 3770K.