Sapphire Pure Black 990FX Reviewed

Bosco

It really depends on the board. I have played with the X79, Z68, Z77, and 990FX. The Z77 is by far the best of the bunch. On the Intel side they have it pretty well buttoned up but the AMD side is a bit lacking. LLC and the huge voltage swings with AMD's latest architecture are the culprit.

It really depends on the board. I have played with the X79, Z68, Z77, and 990FX. The Z77 is by far the best of the bunch. On the Intel side they have it pretty well buttoned up but the AMD side is a bit lacking. LLC and the huge voltage swings with AMD's latest architecture are the culprit.

Yeah, I think that's what it was. I believe I had it for overclocking one of my 1090T's. I don't think I ever got it past 3.6GHz, lol.

Somewhat related, I love my Sapphire Hudson APU board (Pure Fusion E350) in my HTPC, sweet little number it is and with awesome features!

The features are great, and I if I remember correctly, they had a lot of accessories that came with the box with the higher end boards, which is pretty cool.

Edited by El_Capitan

Yeah, I think that's what it was. I believe I had it for overclocking one of my 1090T's. I don't think I ever got it past 3.6GHz, lol.

You can probably blame that on the power consumption of AMD CPUs versus Intel chips. For any given performance level you use a lot more power AMD side. :teehee:

You can probably blame that on the power consumption of AMD CPUs versus Intel chips. For any given performance level you use a lot more power AMD side. :teehee:

I struggle to pull that much power with my 6 core heavily overclocked.

So its pretty impressive power draw figures, thats for sure.

Maybe AMD needs one of those motherboard with 40 phase cpu power like this one http://www.techpowerup.com/img/12-06-05/76a.jpg :teehee:

The board isn't pure black. :P

Joke aside, I feel that only 2 USB3 at the back of the motherboard is not enough in today's standard. 4 USB3 ports at the back are minimum.

Although I like the power draw and the basic design. Overall, a good board, considering the price tag.

Edited by d6bmg