Are you participating in Movember?

neddamttocs

41 members have voted

1. 1. Are you participating in Movember?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to go the whole month without shaving. I work in the food industry. So I must wear those pesky hair bonnets and itchy beard nets.:(

At this moment I have that nice salt and pepper look going

Well since this is the first poll of November what better time to see if the guys on the forums are going to participate in Movember this year?

Let us know on OCC Poll!

Movember? No. I am participating in No Shave November (full facial hair). Similar, but different.

Movember was started as a way to promote cancer awareness and men's health in general. Its backed by Livestrong, Prostate Cancer Foundation, and others. It isn't simply growing out your mustache... it's about trimming and shaping it for the month and using it as a walking billboard. The Movember movement has raised over $299 Million in the US since 2003. Not a whole lot of people know the real reason behind it, and they simply do Movember for fun.

No Shave November is similar and believed to have been started as a college thing. There are several No Shave Nov. groups... one (linked below) passes 100% of the donations on to the American Cancer Society. Rules are simple... let it grow, do something with it or don't.

http://movember.com

http://www.no-shavenovember.com

If it helps raise awareness or money, I'm all for that. Even if it doesn't, who cares... it is fun! :)

I don't really plan on shaving till spring but its for winter warmth not contest or anything

Oh really?

then I presure that you don't have the problem of itchy feeling when not shaving.

Good for you! :bow: