It's Official!

BluePanda

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks EVERYONE!!! :D I'm excited :)

Berkeley Lab isn't an acronym :P Forgot that it also goes by LBL, like how Los Alamos goes by LANL, but I can't say I imagine anyone calling them LBL or LANL in speech. ORNL on the other hand kind of rolls off the tongue.

Congrats! Try not to blow anything up. Try not to let Waco blow anything up either.

LANL actually isn't that hard to say -- I can't image calling it anything else. LAN -- like lan party...and L like EL in El Captain! Not that hard to say no?

Congrats!

But since when was coffee-fetcher referred to as systems engineer?

Since they decided to let a woman be in charge of cooling their super computers... :woot:

Sweet, I hope this doesn't mean you won't have time to review cases anymore :teehee:

I'll still be reviewing stuffs for OCC, just from a different location :thx:

Awesome news, congrats!

But since when was coffee-fetcher referred to as systems engineer?

Hey at least her title is going to be "systems engineer". I get at least 2 or 3 calls per week from people calling themselves "sales engineers". WTF? They design and deploy sales at the atomic level maybe? :lol:

Awesome news, congrats!

Hey at least her title is going to be "systems engineer". I get at least 2 or 3 calls per week from people calling themselves "sales engineers". WTF? They design and deploy sales at the atomic level maybe? :lol:

Well it is because I'm actually going to be an engineer -- lol

I'm graduating with my BS in Mechanical Engineering. :P

Quantum mechanical spam. Is it in my inbox or not? Won't know until I open it.

Well it is because I'm actually going to be an engineer -- lol

I'm graduating with my BS in Mechanical Engineering. :P

Now see that deserves an engineer title. :) If you go to school to be an engineer then that is what you should be. To me these companies that give every employee that has anything to do with technology an "engineer" title are insulting real engineers everywhere.

Now see that deserves an engineer title. :) If you go to school to be an engineer then that is what you should be. To me these companies that give every employee that has anything to do with technology an "engineer" title are insulting real engineers everywhere.

Yea it happens all the time. Waco is a Computer Engineer -- I'm pretty sure he sees more people calling themselves "Computer Engineers" than actual ones with the degree...