MSI R7770 Bios Flash Error

Hello guys, it's been some time since i got the R7770 card, and i was about to overclock the card a bit!

I installed MSI afterburner, the latest one, but i couldnt tweak the voltages, i also edit the .cfg file for Unofficial overclocking...

And then, i tried to find a way to unlock somehow the voltages... So i chose to flash the card!

I used Atiflash, i save a backup of my original bios... and i switched the bios! But the bios were not compatible with this card (even though it was an msi r7770 and the correct one). So i simply tried to flash with my original bios! But i got this error!

"Rom Not Erased" ...

And now the card is "dead", it wont boot and if it does, i cant see a think!

I tried other bioses too, but with no luck (from other manufactures).

I also believe that my bios are corrupted, since i get an S/N of 113-xxx-Xxx... and all the other bioses have numbers...

Now im stuck and if someone have the original bios of this card, or another solution, i ll be glad!

Thanks in advance!

This is my R7770

Edit: (sorry my introduction is so simple, and sorry for any grammar mistakes!)

Edited by John_again

I forgot to write, I can't open and edit or just view any of 7770 bios with RBE, and i cant flash from windows with AtiWinFlash!

Are there any other programs that support the new bios? My motherboard support 2 pcie cards and i tried to flash from windows but with no luck!

Thanks again!

Isn't that a custom PCB 7770? I wouldn't ever try flashing another BIOS to a custom card...I would assume that you had a software issue somewhere since that model is designed for overclocking out of the box (old driver perhaps?).

Can you force ATIWinFlash to restore the original BIOS? Perhaps try flashing from the command line in DOS/FreeDOS/whatever and use the force flag (usually /F).

Isn't that a custom PCB 7770? I wouldn't ever try flashing another BIOS to a custom card...I would assume that you had a software issue somewhere since that model is designed for overclocking out of the box (old driver perhaps?).

Can you force ATIWinFlash to restore the original BIOS? Perhaps try flashing from the command line in DOS/FreeDOS/whatever and use the force flag (usually /F).

When i try to save or program the card with ATIWinflash in OS (i didnt know that AtiWinFlash can run is dos mode, only with Atiflash) i get a No responding error... maybe thats because the program does not support 7000 series...

In Dos with atiflash, i tried, with these extra commands, -fs -fp ... to bypass ssid and p/n ... but i still get the "Rom Not Erased" error...

And i had the latest drivers, im 120% sure about that! :)

Perhaps you can start a ticket with MSI to get some help from them? Though you probably should have done that first before you flashed the BIOS. :P

heh yeah, i send a ticket to them, they said they need the S/N... im not sure if it is for a good reason! I want to keep my warranty :P

Should i give them the S/N to them?

The S/N lets them identify exactly what card you have and the BIOS that shipped with it. I'm not sure they'll void your warranty just for flashing the BIOS...manufacturers seem to be getting more lenient about that. It's up to you...they might just help you fix it and that'll be it.

Agree 100% with Waco. They will need the S/N from the card to ensure that they send you the correct ROM for that exact card. And hopefully they won't give you any heartburn about sending you the file........................

As far as warranty goes, you're potentially already at a point where the warranty ? becomes moot. If you send the card back they may determine that you attempted to flash a custom ROM and may deny the warranty claim anyway, so I don't see any harm in trying to at least get the card working.

I know that hindsight is 20/20, but you might have been better served to have attempted to modify the OEM bios using RBE (after saving a good copy of the original of course).

Yeah, i ll answer them back, hopefully to give me the bios!... I can't use RBE or AtiWinflash with 7770 bios, even if it is from different manufacturers! I just downloaded some to test it... if i could everything will be better right now!... i think... :S

And Thanks for the answers! I appreciated!

Edited by John_again