WTF was going through the heads of Apple's RnD department?

Stonerboy779

Now as much as I hate Apple I have always conceaded that they can put together a well polished/finished product.

However ios6 is the biggest waste of an update if you can call it that. Yes guys I have an iPod touch 4th Gen because well there is sweet heck all to choose from in Australia going to replace it with an android phone at some point when I find one that fits both battery and dac/amp bills.

Anyway back on topic ios 4 and 5 where good in their own rights as an os. They had everything feeling tied in with everything following the same themes and everything was bright and pleasent well as much as a turd can be haha

I just updated to ios6 curious about the maps and well tbh they suck. They are good and work well but Google maps and navigation on android outclassed it in every single way. Wherever they get their sat pics from it is years and years behind Google. Directions are on par but delivery is way way way behind for any practical use in a car.

Now I seem to be getting very side tracked back to basic athsetics that have lead to ios of the past feeling very finished. Every single app now (apple app that is) is different in design. Music has become very dark and square with orange highlights and heavy gradients. Mail is a hedious blue that stands out heaps no more pale colours, safari has changed following its own style and all in all nothing seems to mesh together as a full and complete os.

Also seemingly chrome for ios is not available for ios6 so no more Google maps or Browser on ios6 tsk take. That aside cannot make heads nor tails of what the developers were thinking.

Anyone else here unfortunately burdened by an Apple device or devices that has noticed the same shit feeling the ios6 gives off? Plus the addition of more apps I do not want and cannot remove (yes I am looking at you passbook and newsstand).

Good for you haha I have just discovered safari is even more shit than normal it now refuses to connect to any server at all yet every other app uses the wifi and internet just fine :pfp:

So pissed my phone charger is broke because I would be using that to browse but flashy red light and 5% is telling me you're shit outta luck buddy...

Good for you haha I have just discovered safari is even more . than normal it now refuses to connect to any server at all yet every other app uses the wifi and internet just fine :pfp:

So pissed my phone charger is broke because I would be using that to browse but flashy red light and 5% is telling me you're . outta luck buddy...

Gotta love apple

Isnt your phone micro USB?

Is the final CM10 out? I'm still CM9, but I need a stable ROM. How do you like CM10?

Yeah, its pretty darn nice, very smooth, better app transitions than CM9

Gotta love it :cheers:

How did this get from an Apple sucks thread to CM rocks?

Anyway, yeah, I've noticed that on my iPod. I actually don't use it as much more than a music player (at least on a regular basis) but even the music app is inconsistent. Within the app-proper, the design has been changed. Not sure I care for the new coloring theme, but the control interface itself has changed, but only there. The controls you get without unlocking it are the same styling as in iOS 4 and 5. Really should be the same in both places. Also, those dividing lines make it look like the entire area is a button, instead of just the action icon itself (the play icon, pause icon, etc.), but this is not the case, which is a little annoying to me. It looks like the buttons are bigger, but they aren't and if they haven't changed, then why has the artwork for the interface changed?

The only iOS update I've experienced that actually seemed decent was iOS 5, but it all still works, so I'm going to both going back. (On an ironic note, iOS 6 was the first update that actually went through without an error when I started the process.)

How did this get from an Apple sucks thread to CM rocks?

Discussing the alternatives to iOS6 :evilgrin:

Just thought it was funny, at the same time stoner was going from iOS5->iOS6 i went from stock ICS to CM10 on my new note.

It's micro USB mucho but the cable is so many kinds of screwed and the actual transformer broke today.

Yeah Jim, the music app is really screwed all I was using sides safari from time to time except now it is unuseable in anyform. Need to go back to ios5 now just to be able to use this pos for music and web browsing.

Update also went through no errors for me too unless you count the whole of ios6 an error.

I have honestly no idea right now how anyone could possibly be happy with their new iPhone 5 purchases.

Well i'm going to get an iPod 5 and I hope it's good. I never had an iPod before or an iPad IPhone or anything from apple so I wouldn't nottice difference between OSs simply because I don't know about any iOS.. :P