AMD A10 5800 & A8 5600 Desktop APU Reviewed

Bosco

Any idea if the power consumption has dropped like AMD has been trumpeting?

It looks like a good improvement in GPU power but a not so good improvement over Llano in terms of CPU power. I was expecting more from Piledriver I guess.

Any idea if the power consumption has dropped like AMD has been trumpeting? It looks like a good improvement in GPU power but a not so good improvement over Llano in terms of CPU power. I was expecting more from Piledriver I guess.

Yes it does seem to be down on power a good bit 20% +/- when the CPU is loaded. The GPU does use a bit more under load, but It seems a good trade off for the increased graphics power. The A10-5700 has the same 384 shader cores and 4.0GHz turbo in a 65w package

@ Macho, I think it may be a Bios update or two to get the verdict on the L3-less version of pile driver. The single threaded seems to be a bit better overall.

Don't see why most reviews on other sites put Trinity down, for the price it's amazing and performs everything that it was designed for, I'd call that a major success. Not everyday you get a good quad core and a great igpu in the same package.

Its not the price, but its the performance which matters most.

Not really, at least to the average consumer which is the majority :P And they perform very well.

The problem is for roughly the same up-front cost (or very slightly more) you can get an Intel platform that performs better and uses less power...