Sapphire and ECS X79 Motherboard Roundup

bp9801

We have not one but two new Intel X79 motherboards for you to check out. See how the offerings from ECS and Sapphire compare in the OCC review of the Sapphire and ECS X79 Motherboards - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/x79_roundup/

Blue I did not see you cover this. That extra molex connector is not just for using more video cards. The lower slots will not get power properly at ALL without the plug being used. I installed an X-Fi in one of the slots and the card refused to work. I thought for a while I had a bad card. Then it dawned on me to try the poer plug and usddenly the card worked.

I have a Sapphire Pure Black 990FX board and it has no support for SLI either.

IDK if it's true, but someone told me that Sapphire doesn't want to pay the licensing for SLI capabilities,....so they don't.

I agree with the reviewer about the Sapphire mainboard not being worth the premium price.

Their Video cards are another matter. I like most of their ideas and I buy the Sapphire brand when I can.

Other companies like ASUS and ASRock include ~features~ that make their products worth the asking price.

My bad. Had no idea about the payment part. Thought that it all comes with the board, the specific company. Paying is like giving someone the honor in terms of payment. Which sucks IMO.

Although to support SLI lanes need to run at 8x speed only. So, when 2 lanes can run @ 8x, the board can support SLI regardless of the official support for it.

Or am I missing something here? :dunno:

Edited by d6bmg