i am thinking about Raiding my HDD

towhog66

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if he has an SSD on the way, it will be plenty fast, no need for a RAID 0 config for the HDDs really...just use it as storage drives which is what Im guessing u were gonna do. I wouldn't bother RAIDing it.

not going to run raid... not yet anyways.... i don't want to reformat! ( man my ssd got sent back to Newegg ) USPS sucks..... Newegg well over night it UPS when they get it back! what a joke and a pain in the butt......

Don't bother with RAID 0. If anything, do RAID 1 since you don't want to lose your data. Just use the software RAID 1 built into Windows...just make sure you don't mirror the wrong drive. :lol:

copy that bro thanks

if you have an SSD as your OS drive, raid is a waste of time, just use them for storage

one for games, one for videos and downloads

if you like to download lots of crap, set it ti download on the drive you use the least so you can run your computer with out any hickups while it just downloads in it's own little world

• 2 years later...

Hello Lab Rat 2 and all,

I want to make the move to Raid and gathering info from my manual and posts I'm learning towards RAID 0 for the performance. One post stated RAID 0 with 2 HDD's would be the fastest and 3 HDD's would be very fast. What I'm thinking is 3 1T drives and 2T or 3T external HDD backed up often. I could start a new thread but thinking along the same lines as towhog66.

Would 3 HDD's be that favorable or or just use 2 and the 3rd 1T HDD for the backup?

If anyone remembers my FX9590 looks to have a pin missing. So I'm still up in the air with that.