The War Z - Zombie Survival MMO

WhenKittensATK

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The War Z Eclipse Engine / War Inc Similarities?

This game has gotten a lot of negative attention in the past few days, but I still want to play it :P People seem quick to jump on the hate bandwagon, when they should just be waiting for more press releases.

I just hope they don't go crazy with all the weapon attachments like dual drum magazine for M4. At least they are using a more punishing reloading system, where bullets in a partially empty magazine don't automatically get fed into a new one. Not entirely sure if you lose that partial loaded magazine after you reload. I'd hope not :D

They also put up a Dev Diary section

Edited by AZNguyen

I thought this question and our answer is important enough to make separate topic out of it.

Hmmm' date=' I think by end of September you'll get much more than just a video.

Videos itself is very simple thing - we're planning press tour right now, where we're going sit down with every major media outlet, show them game, let them play game and let them to have gameplay videos. And let THEM to release them.

After that we're going to release our own "mother of all gameplay videos" monster we're working on right now. Basically it is INTERACTIVE video - kinda similar to what EA did for Crysis 3 recently - like it shows you gameplay segment and then ask you what you want to do. You press button on screen and it shows you next segment. And so on.

What we want to achieve is to show most of gameplay elements we have in a game in this video. We call it "Day in world of The War Z". We start at night, and play thru full day. So instead of watching video, you'll actually interact with game. I don't think that there's anything else that can give you better taste of what real gameplay experience will be.

It's risky - if we'll . it up, nobody will buy game, since it's not scripted, it's realtime gameplay and you'll be able to check out most of gameplay mechanics right away before even playing game. But we feel that this is thing we MUST do given level of anticipation for a game.[/quote']

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?8896-Gameplay-video

I just hope looks different from DayZ.. that looks terribly booring and big open spaces with repetitive buildings... and zombies moving in fast forward ^^ i dont know why people like that mod^^

I just hope looks different from DayZ.. that looks terribly booring and big open spaces with repetitive buildings... and zombies moving in fast forward ^^ i dont know why people like that mod^^

Blasphemy

• Like 1

Day Z has a really good atmosphere despite the bugs and hackers. Its like the only game I ever played where random players really hold the power and can control the outcome of a play session. There are a lot of decision making in Day Z, so most choices are risk/reward type of things. Right now its end-game isn't too exciting to me, which is why I no longer play it. Which makes me look forward to questing, bounty hunting, and hunting for rare zombies in War Z.

If War Z can capture that and deliver on gameplay, on top of the social features it will definitely topple Day Z, the mod, in its current state. I have hopes for Day Z standalone to be less buggy. However the creator wants to keep both the mod and standalone working, IDK how that will turn out. If Day Z standalone ends up being Arma 3 + buggy Day Z mod Alpha, I will be disappointed.

Edited by AZNguyen

Looks like War Z is going to use an updated version of the engine that runs War Inc. I hadn't ever played War Inc. so I tried it out yesterday. It looks to be a decent game engine. Anybody else have comments on it?