Sapphire HD 7870 FleX Dual-X 2GB Review

bp9801

We have a new video card review for you to peruse, this time of an AMD offering from Sapphire. See how it performs as OCC reviews the Sapphire HD 7870 FleX Dual-X 2GB - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sapphire_7870_flex/

Thanks for the review. Always interested in how these flex cards work.

But, while it looks like a good 7870 card, the flex capability seems kind of pointless on it as it doesn't really produce playable frame rates.

Better to have this feature on a 7950 or just get a GTX670. More money, but if you really want multi-monitor gaming, that's what you've got to do.

Nice card. It would have been better if the flex edition card(s) could be made up of 7950 or 7970. But a 7870? I would say it works for the purpose. @BluePanda: Nice review!!

My Bad. But from the look of this link and the number of no review, it is obvious that it is no so much popular. Thanks for linking. :)

Umm that's probably more so due to the fact it's likely only just recently been listed.

Trust me sapphire flex cards are popular and most certainly wanted by people who wish to run eye finite set ups and don't want to pay or active dp adapters.

As blue said what is the point of a feature you can't use unless you pay for an extra part that doesn't come with your already expensive GPU?

Yeah. Active DP adapters aren't cheap by any means. :lol:

I imagine the slightly higher premium for a FleX card would be outweighed instantly when you don't have to buy one of those damn adapters. :P

Yeah. Active DP adapters aren't cheap by any means. :lol:

I imagine the slightly higher premium for a FleX card would be outweighed instantly when you don't have to buy one of those damn adapters. :P

Or when you go pick up a 670 for the same price and enjoy life :lol: