OCC Reviews a Pair of AMD A75 Chipset Boards from Gigabyte

On the test bench today are two mainstream Gigabyte AMD A75 motherboards that won't break the bank. Join OCC reviewer red1776 as he examines the Gigabyte A75M-D2H and A75-UD4H Motherboard - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/a75md2h__a75ud4h_review/

Hey Reds back :lol:

Might need to check out an APU set up with one of these boards in the future. My brother and sisters old computers need an upgrade.

Need to get my sister off her MacBook and my brother off his iPad. It's not right keeping them away from windows :evilgrin:

Red the one thing I wish you would have done is show the performance with a 6670 or 6570 using the hybrid crossfire. You actually get a pretty solid little gaming system for a $75 video card.

pretty creative writing style Red....

Pretty solid reviews. I have the Gigabyte A75M-UDH2 here with a A8-3870k and its a pretty sweet board. Although it did seem to be pretty finicky with ram selection it did finally settle down and play nice. I did flash teh BIOS to the latest as that was recommended for the 3870k to work properly but I had no issue on the as shipped BIOS.

I neither have been a fan of Gigabyte's software. I have been using Gigabyte boards since the inception of the Socket A CPUs. I started off with the 7N400pro and then had their flagship 7NNXP which was the Cadillac of boards. None of the Easy-Tune software worked correctly and I dont think has since then.

They make some great boards and I have been very pleased with them but I agree their software leave a little room for improvement.....

Red the one thing I wish you would have done is show the performance with a 6670 or 6570 using the hybrid crossfire. You actually get a pretty solid little gaming system for a $75 video card.

:withstupid:

Is is a very good idea for cheap gaming system.

Another great review.

P.S. I hate that BIOS. It took my memory back by 2 years.

I have to agree with Waco, the UEFI looks really cool but I perfer a plain old BIOS. You know I always wondered why they went with a GUI for the BIOS. I mean even most techs are in it once or twice when they setup a system and that's it. Most other people NEVER get into it. The only people regularly using it knew thier way around just fine. Who needed a dumbed down look for the BIOS?

I have to agree with Waco, the UEFI looks really cool but I perfer a plain old BIOS. You know I always wondered why they went with a GUI for the BIOS. I mean even most techs are in it once or twice when they setup a system and that's it. Most other people NEVER get into it. The only people regularly using it knew thier way around just fine. Who needed a dumbed down look for the BIOS?

I think I can answer tha with relative confidence. Years ago there was an attitude that over-clocking was not only dangerous, harder to do, but 'cheating' Check this out from Tom's Hardware in 1997.

http://www.tomshardw...guide,15-3.html

Now everything comes unlocked and advertised as 'Overclockable', most of the time its the main feature. It seems natural that board-makers would make the BIOS a more hospitable place to operate in to take advantage of the main selling point (or at least a major one)

While showing a customer his new machine a few years ago I entered the BIOS and he volunteered " I stay out of here....It looks like a place where a lot of damage can be done." .....I don't think he would have any problem trying out the UEFI BIOS.

With OC'ing being the sport it now is, even if some are still nervous about "messing with things" , they can use the 'Auto-Overclock' and get the thrill of OC'ing and all but eliminate the risk.

Red the one thing I wish you would have done is show the performance with a 6670 or 6570 using the hybrid crossfire. You actually get a pretty solid little gaming system for a $75 video card

I wanted to see the numbers on that as well. If I had one of the approved cards for hybrid, I would have run it.

I think the answer could be like this. Making BIOS user friendly and thus taking out the 'basic' part of BIOS. :P

UEFI BIOS looks good, but hard to adapt IMO. At first when I saw UEFI BIOS demo I was like wtf? Is it BIOS or any other thing? On the brighter side here we are with highest number of overclockers, worldwide, specially thanks to UEFI BIOS.