(FS) MSI GX 640 gaming laptop

ddkshah

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dunno: I am really unsure what I should sell this for

To give you an idea I just bought a laptop with a 9-cell extended battery, 15" 1367x768 screen, 2nd gen core i7, 8gb 1333MHz ram, AMD radeon hd6770m, 750gb hdd and lots of features designed for media and gaming like two headphone outs.

Only $800 AUD

Cos I am a top bloke too I sold my old neatly virtually same speced lappy as yours for $200 to a close friend.

So I concur with mythos :pfp:

To give you an idea I just bought a laptop with a 9-cell extended battery, 15" 1367x768 screen, 2nd gen core i7, 8gb 1333MHz ram, AMD radeon hd6770m, 750gb hdd and lots of features designed for media and gaming like two headphone outs.

Only $800 AUD

Cos I am a top bloke too I sold my old neatly virtually same speced lappy as yours for $200 to a close friend.

So I concur with mythos :pfp:

You do know that your $800 laptop has a gpu far inferior to my 5850m gddr5 right? Also my laptop's screen resolution is 1680 x 1050 which is also better than your laptops. ofc you have a quad core cpu and better ram but as a gaming laptop mine is far superior to your $800 one :evilgrin:

Edited by ddkshah

You do know that your $800 laptop has a gpu far inferior to my 5850m gddr5 right? Also my laptop's screen resolution is 1680 x 1050 which is also better than your laptops. ofc you have a quad core cpu and better ram but as a gaming laptop mine is far superior to your $800 one :evilgrin:

That may be true just but it still isn't worth $900 USD, $700 maybe but remember you have used it for two years and if I can get what I got in australia new for $800 I am sure you can get better for the same price in the us.

I bought this laptop for $751 NEW (with my master bargain hunting of course but it still is worth a mention ;) )

Xplorer X6-9200 Gaming Notebook

Notebook: A15HC Gaming Notebook 15.6" Full HD 1920x1080 Display w/ Built-in 1.3MP Webcam, HDMI Port, Li-Ion Battery, & Universal AC Adapter

Notebook Color: Xplorer X6 Gaming Notebook Cover

CPU: Core I5 2430M

GPU: GT540M 2GB

Resolution:1920x1080

HDD: 750GB

RAM:8GB

Drive: DVD

USB: 4 (2 USB 3.0)

HDMI: Yep

Bluetooth: yep

Freebies: FREE Just Cause 2 Game Coupon

Sound: Built-in 3D Premium Surround Sound

Battery life is easily 3hr (thought haven't gamed on battery yet for a fair comparison there)

Is this your graphics card: http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-5850.23069.0.html I couldn't find an 5850M chips, only the regular 5850 one.

But yeah you get the point we're trying to make

I bought this laptop for $751 NEW (with my master bargain hunting of course but it still is worth a mention ;) )

Battery life is easily 3hr (thought haven't gamed on battery yet for a fair comparison there)

Is this your graphics card: http://www.notebookcheck.net/ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-5850.23069.0.html I couldn't find an 5850M chips, only the regular 5850 one.

the price is all in the gpu. My 5850m which has gddr5 is still far more powerful than the gt540m that you got in your laptop. In desktop performance terms my gpu is a gtx 570 vs your gtx550.

of course I might have gone overboard with asking for $900 but I think that $850 is fair.

Edited by ddkshah

:lol: my 6770 is only -4% on the 5850m and I can get 10hours of youtube music streaming while web surfing using the switchable graphics. Knocks it way back to an hour and a half two if I am lucky when gaming.

Sorry for all the semi off topic posts but imo $850 is still high but I wish you the best in selling and Nyt I am sure can clean this up for you in a second.