1333 vs 1600 on Sckt 2011

Yeah I feel the same way but I had to ask since I was dropping a ton of coin. I actuality had to get the 1600 because the asus px79 board doesn't support 1333 with 8dimms . I thought it was odd but that what asus said :( probly lied to me....

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And one thing with that much memory is the processors imc. Operating at the lower ram clock speed of 1333mhz will promote the imc's stability and lower the load temperature. Advantage right. :D

Maya and Photoshop mainly. It's 90% photoshops fault, my PSD files are 15gb on average because i'm taking gigapan pictures, but past 5 feet i cannot edit them anymore because i run out of ram.

imagine editing HDR gigapixel files...I want to do that and currently cannot.

nice....my computer runs at turtle speed if I open one of them :D

Get that 1600 module. 1333MHz module will save you some bucks but you will lose headroom for overclocking.

So, 1600MHz is the min for LGA1155/2011.

Fast memory makes no difference in overclocking...hell...slower memory actually makes it EASIER because the IMC doesn't have to work so hard.

Did some shopping on Newegg, I can get an 8 Gig HyperX kit for the same price, 1600 or 1333, with that in mind 1600 is a no brainer. If you are having issues with XMP then I would say it is a BIOS issue or RAM issue. I have used XMP with perfect results each time.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are looking at 64gb then the memory controller on your CPU will really help you decide on a speed bin. 1600Mhz with tighter timings will be your best option. Also you can set up a Ram drive and Ram cache to really drive performance.

I got the memory last week, ran memtest and all is good. For once xmp profiles work and it's a nice small boost until I figure out how to oc my self. It oc to 3.8ghz with xmp on