Help with Motherboard

Hi Guys, I've building a new cpu, i already got the gtx 560ti 2gb, and intel i7-2600k

i've been looking for a good motherboard and i really like the Sabertooth p67, but aparrently in my country they can only sell it with the intel i7 together, and i bought the proccesor in another store.. so Wich motherboard is equally good to the Sabertooth, and almost the same price or near by.. please

Sorry for my baddie English :(

Thanks

Can I get that link again with the store, Andres?

Well the store where i got the intel i7, i really dont know, i just ask it in the company of my mother, they gave us a credit and a group of ppl get u what u want. so i asked the intel i7

and the store where it says that to buy the sabertooth p67 i have to buy it with the intel i7, dont know either its just a guy i met days ago that works, bringing computer stuff from America to Venezuela

P67 board are considerably cheaper when compared to Z68 boards, so it's either you get a 'lower-end' Z68 board or get a 'higher-end' P67 board. But honestly, there isn't much of a gap in performance between them. If you're on a budget, you can't go wrong with the ASrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3.

:cheers;

P67 board are considerably cheaper when compared to Z68 boards, so it's either you get a 'lower-end' Z68 board or get a 'higher-end' P67 board. But honestly, there isn't much of a gap in performance between them. If you're on a budget, you can't go wrong with the ASrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3.

:cheers;

+1 there too. Another is the Gigabyte Z68 UD3 or if ya want Z77, the Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H is out.

Edited by Drdeath

Can you tell us how much you want to spend on this mobo? Here's a Z77 which I think is pretty good at 160$:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128544

It's a bit expensive but it's Gigabyte and has all sort of features. I find it a bit steep , but I have no idea how much a p67 sabretooth costs to compare.

As far as buying AsRock, don't. I don't scare people away from AsRock usually but you are buying a piece of hardware from another country. If it breaks you're pretty much screwed as far as RMA is concerned. AsRock has good stuff but it's somewhat notorious ,in my country anyway, of breaking down. The Gigabyte and Asus mobos are what you need. So if you find a mobo that you like but it's AsRock , then I strongly suggest against getting it.

Now I expect some bashing from my fellow OCC'ers for my previous statement. :popcorn:

Edited by Rofltroll

Can you tell us how much you want to spend on this mobo? Here's a Z77 which I think is pretty good at 160$:

It's a bit expensive but it's Gigabyte and has all sort of features. I find it a bit steep , but I have no idea how much a p67 sabretooth costs to compare.

As far as buying AsRock, don't. I don't scare people away from AsRock usually but you are buying a piece of hardware from another country. If it breaks you're pretty much screwed as far as RMA is concerned. AsRock has good stuff but it's somewhat notorious ,in my country anyway, of breaking down. The Gigabyte and Asus mobos are what you need. So if you find a mobo that you like but it's AsRock , then I strongly suggest against getting it.

Now I expect some bashing from my fellow OCC'ers for my previous statement. :popcorn:

Edit: Damn it, i pressed the wrong button. Disregard this reply :P

Edited by Rofltroll

Thanks a lot thats a nice motherboard with a good price, but a friend is selling me this ASUS MAXIMUS EXTREME IV I3/ I5/ I7 INTEL P67/ 4X DDR3 DUAL‐CH / 6X SATA

I'm planning to get that..But if i do get that, i wont have much money to buy the Hydro H100 :( guess ill wait to get it, or buy a cheaper motherboard and get the cooler..

but i think the motherboard is more important.. I just want this PC for gaming, like Diablo 3 when it comes out

So far i got

Intel i7-2600k

GTX560ti 2GB

8gb RAM Corsair Vengeance

650W Corsair Power Supply

Case: Corsair 500r Carbide

Edited by AndresP

I won't bash you.. Maybe just a little :biggrin:

I've and still am using an ASRock 790GX board for my Phenom II X3. Had to RMA it once due to IO issues but there wasn't any problems when I did (probably since the distributor here also acts as the distributor of ASUS :P). Other then that, I've never had any big issues with it, aside from kinda poor overclocking results.

Maybe it's somewhat of a lottery. When you're in luck, you'd get good boards. When you're having bad luck, you're screwed. :teehee: But I personally have nothing against them.

Thanks a lot thats a nice motherboard with a good price, but a friend is selling me this ASUS MAXIMUS EXTREME IV I3/ I5/ I7 INTEL P67/ 4X DDR3 DUAL‐CH / 6X SATA

I'm planning to get that..But if i do get that, i wont have much money to buy the Hydro H100 :( guess ill wait to get it, or buy a cheaper motherboard and get the cooler..

but i think the motherboard is more important.. I just want this PC for gaming, like Diablo 3 when it comes out

So far i got

Intel i7-2600k

GTX560ti 2GB

8gb RAM Corsair Vengeance

650W Corsair Power Supply

Case: Corsair 500r Carbide

Wow.. Very similar to my previous i5 2500K built.

I would advice you to not get the H100. As I've said many times here in this forum, I don't think the Hydro series are worth the extra money. I've used the H100 on my previous 2500K and it does perform better then the D14 but only by 2-3oC. I know the Carbide 500R fits the H100 perfectly but honestly I don't think it's worth. The Carbide 500R is a very spacious case IMO and those big coolers like the D14 wouldn't have any problem in it. Granted you'd have RAM issue if you chose the D14 but you could look on other coolers. The NZXT Havik 140 for example performs almost as good as the the D14 while being a lot 'slimmer' then it.

Just my opinion.

:cheers:

Wow.. Very similar to my previous i5 2500K built.

I would advice you to not get the H100. As I've said many times here in this forum, I don't think the Hydro series are worth the extra money. I've used the H100 on my previous 2500K and it does perform better then the D14 but only by 2-3oC. I know the Carbide 500R fits the H100 perfectly but honestly I don't think it's worth. The Carbide 500R is a very spacious case IMO and those big coolers like the D14 wouldn't have any problem in it. Granted you'd have RAM issue if you chose the D14 but you could look on other coolers. The NZXT Havik 140 for example performs almost as good as the the D14 while being a lot 'slimmer' then it.

Just my opinion.

:cheers:

welll i actually planned to buy the H80 but when i recieve the new case 500r. i saw the 2 holes on top for the h100, so yea.. i want my cpu to look super cool :P

about coolers i saw 3 options, TT frio ock, Noctua d14 and the hydro series

the ram got a thermal thing on it, corsair vengeance,

and i actually dont think ill OC well, i havent see that magic LOL, but i've never had a computer like the one im building, maybe ill try, but my point is that im not planning to put my stuff in test with crazy overclocks.. never done it before..

when it's done ill ask for a tutorial of OC xd!

Conclusion: i've seen the reviews of this page wich is Excellent!! Reviews of everything im buying, h100 apparently is very good and i want to buy cuz it fits the 500r perfectly and it just look awesome.. So is the FRIO OCK but there's no review of that cooler here :/ so im not buying it