Nvidia Palit GTX560TI 2GB

AndresP

Hi, i've building a CPU, and i told my parents to buy me GTX 560TI 1 GB and they bought 2GB one.. is it worthy the diff of $ and what benefits do i get from the 1gb to the 2gb,

i normally play with 1280x800, and the manufacturer is PALIT.. never heard of it is it goood?

http://www.palit.biz/palit/vgapro.php?id=1486 need to know because if is not worthy ill ask them to change it in time.

Please

For 1280x800 a 2 GB card is likely going to be the exact same as a 1 GB card. If they paid a lot more for the 2 GB card I'd see if you can exchange it for the lower model to save some money. That's assuming, of course, that you have no plans to run a huge resolution in the future (think 2560x1600 or higher).

For 1280x800 a 2 GB card is likely going to be the exact same as a 1 GB card. If they paid a lot more for the 2 GB card I'd see if you can exchange it for the lower model to save some money. That's assuming, of course, that you have no plans to run a huge resolution in the future (think 2560x1600 or higher).

Ya.. that's what i just read.. well.. i think they wasted that money, i already told them to try to exchange it.. so i dont get any benefit for the 2gb? more than bigger resolutions.

Unless you're running high resolution you likely won't see much of a difference at all. Depending on the difference in price it may be worth it to you to keep it, but I find that unlikely.

If I remember well your parents went all the way to America to get it. It really isn't worth another plane ticket to exchange it for a 1GB really :P. At 1440x900 you can max out Metro 2033 easily.

If I remember well your parents went all the way to America to get it. It really isn't worth another plane ticket to exchange it for a 1GB really :P. At 1440x900 you can max out Metro 2033 easily.

haha you remembered right.. but they will be there for another week, but ill guess ill stay with the 2GB, ill use my TV!! as monitor LOL.. maybe i can.

can you guys help me with the topics if there's no problem

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=191557

I wonder.. My Palit 460 2GB averages on ~35-40fps on Metro.. Exact same res.

560 Ti is somewhat better, though 35-40 isn't that bad. A 560 Ti is similar to my 470 and I used to play Metro 2033 on my old 1280 monitor at full detail easily. at 1440 just disable advanced DOF and you'll be amazed at the difference in performance. :cheers: (<- your smiley)