Am I CPU limited

A Phenom II will beat a Core 2 Quad almost every time...especially in multithreaded apps and with SLI and Crossfire.

I highly doubt that, heres the Q9650 @ 3GHz vs Phenom II X4 940 @3GHz : http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/49?vs=80

The Quad beats the Phenom even in multithreaded benchmarks like Cinebench. And thats with a single card.

Since when do people compare LGA775 to AM3 Phenoms ?? Is AMD so **** ? :lol: AMD and Intel are in different leagues altogether. Intel is for the people who run multi-GPU's and have the money to spend. AMD is for the "cheap" people who think there is hardly difference between Intel and AMD in real life :lol: Honestly, if you have the money for dual GPU's or above, you shouldn't even consider AMD...

I highly doubt that, heres the Q9650 @ 3GHz vs Phenom II X4 940 @3GHz : http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/49?vs=80

The Quad beats the Phenom even in multithreaded benchmarks like Cinebench. And thats with a single card.

Do you really think you'd see the difference?

Since when do people compare LGA775 to AM3 Phenoms ?? Is AMD so **** ? :lol: AMD and Intel are in different leagues altogether. Intel is for the people who run multi-GPU's and have the money to spend. AMD is for the "cheap" people who think there is hardly difference between Intel and AMD in real life :lol: Honestly, if you have the money for dual GPU's or above, you shouldn't even consider AMD...

Think whatever you like. :)

With multiple cards, most definately !!

:lol: Okay. I know you won't believe me but considering I've run both setups, with both Quadfire 4870X2s and my 5970, I'm fairly sure I know what I'm talking about. :cheers:

Can you 2 argue somewhere else and then just give us the conclusion to your argument? I forgot what the original topic was

The whole argument was on-topic if you actually read the OP's question

The whole argument was on-topic if you actually read the OP's question

Not really, considering he has 1 GTX 560! The OP asked if his AMD PII X4 940 could be bottlenecking his 1 GTX 560. The answer should be a pretty clear NO...your X4 940 is not bottlenecking your single GTX 560 :thumbsup:

But, don't delete the entire thread because it was off-topic :whistling:

Not really, considering he has 1 GTX 560! The OP asked if his AMD PII X4 940 could be bottlenecking his 1 GTX 560. The answer should be a pretty clear NO...your X4 940 is not bottlenecking your single GTX 560 :thumbsup:

But, don't delete the entire thread because it was off-topic :whistling:

Can you count ?

ultra.png

1 560 ? Lol :typing:

Guest Black gold saw.

Doing well in multi threading is all nice and everything. But if AMD had more competent IPC and single threaded performance their processors would be MUCH better then they are (Of course this is without saying..)

The above reason is why in single threaded or low threaded tasks suffer on AMD systems. (And even SLi or CrossfireX maybe?)

Speaking from processor performance alone... I would take a core 2 quad Q9550 over any Phenom II X4, any day.

The real competition for Deneb is yorkfield.....Not bloomfield, lynfield or sandybridge... LOL.

EDIT: To make it more interesting, AMD Bulldozer's Single threaded performance is around that of the original K10 architecture (You know, Phenom i?) - This means that even a core 2 or phenom II has around 20% higher single threaded performance then a bulldozer CPU.

And IPC? - Just as horrid on bulldozer as it's Single threaded performance.....

Edited by Black gold saw.

Can you count ?

1 560 ? Lol :typing:

Also, with just one gtx 560 the card will hit 98% all day long.

Didn't look at the SS, just saw this :blush: Not sure if the "keep typing" emoticon works here though, maybe if it said "keep trying" :biggrin: