need really good advise..

Feeliting

Just joined the forum since i found out the you guys here really give out good advises and etc..

im not really very good when it comes to hardware and etc. since im a more of a software kinda guy anyways.

my rig is a bit old;

amd athlon x2 260 - processor

emaxx mcp61d3 - mobo

2gb ddr3 - ram

nvidia geforce 7025 / nvidia nforce 630a

and a friend just gave me a brand new video card (radeon hd 5450 1gb ddr3 ; dvi/grt hdmi) and i am really and eagerly wondering wether installing my new video card

on my present mobo will be a good idea? .. can my mobo/processor/ram etc. support this new video card ( (radeon hd 5450 1gb ddr3 ; dvi/grt hdmi))? or should i forget about installing this v-card on this mobo cuz it may just probably end up damaging the new v-card...

sincerely waiting for your generous opinions.. thank you.. and regards from philippines

As long as you have a psu that will support the video card and a pcie slot it should work fine. :thumbsup:

edit- just googled the card and any psu should run it fine. it only requires a 250 watt.

Edited by SpikeSoprano

As long as you have a psu that will support the video card and a pcie slot it should work fine. :thumbsup:

edit- just googled the card and any psu should run it fine. it only requires a 250 watt.

thanks.. i really appreciate this; im going to install the card nw.. :D if anyone else disagress with this guys post kindly enlighten me, it will be highly appreciated.. :D

(i think im gonna like this forum) ^^

I don't even think you need an amazing PSU. A 5450 is a discreet card and should be able to be handled by just about any PSU. So my advice is just pop that sucker in (but don't forget to uninstall the nVidia drivers before you install catalyst to avoid any problems)

Edit: I accidentally a word.

Edited by Rofltroll