Three Upgrade Paths

Hey guys, need a little help deciding on which option that I should take when it comes to improving my graphical quality. All options will likely require a PSU uprgrade that I have been planning, so I'm not too worried about that.

1. Grab another 5770 and crossfire them

2. Upgrade to a 7850/7870

3. Upgrade to a GTX 680 (once back in stock).

I currently play my games at 1080p, and consistantly record my games causing extra stress on my video cards, which is the main reason that I am looking at these few options. If you have any other suggestions though, I would really like to hear them, since I often tend to be closed-minded to these things...

I'd go with the gtx680 and yeah your PSU would really be pushing it. Nvidia recommends a 550w minimum.

I can't see his sig but from what I remember the 680 pulls less than 200 watts. Unless he's got a crazy overclock on his CPU I can't imagine the 680 will stress it all that much more than the 5770.

While I don't need a new PSU, but the one that I have only has a single PCI-E power adapter of any sort.

The thing with the GTX 680 is the supply. That is why I mentioned the other two choices, since we have no clue at all as to when nVidia is going to have more chips back from TSMC due to their full stop.