power supply may be going

I am going to side with waco on this one and say it is a dying motherboard. Foxcon boards are usually a bad idea for a system like yours, and this situation does have some tell tale signs of bad voltage regulators.

I would say the quickest way to find out what this is, is go to your nearest tech store and buy a PSU. Plug it in. And if you experience the same issues, return it and you know the motherboard is the issue. If it fixes the problem, then you can keep the new PSU.

Super simple :biggrin:

i went to the nearest tech store but didn't have the money to buy a 320w "biggest they had & not p4 compatible" power supply for $110 waaaay over priced :rtfm: im probaly going to order one off the net, the only old componet in the computer is the power supply, ive been buying parts for quite a while and slowly upgrading from my old hard ware the foxconn mobo and ram is about a month old the first two weeks was crazy talking to foxconn about bios issues "bios showed my cpu as a amd x2", finally they sent me a new bios chip for it for the aggervation ill probally never buy foxconn again! only got it because it was on sale 50% off

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I lived where TJ dose, most the local shops in my area would not take back a perfectly good new psu unless it's bad. They tend to frown on people using their products for test equipment. :whistling:

Actually most places tend to be quite understanding of stuff like that. They know you can't narrow down problems without throwing parts at it sometimes. I've even cleared it ahead of time with Newegg and Best Buy for a pre-arranged return if the part ended up not being what I needed.

I know what your saying but when it's newegg or any online store you still have to pay shipping and restocking fees which can also add up. We have a future shop here , no best buy, but with there mark up even if it's the part you needed it's not worth buying.:rolleyes:

Newegg will typically wave the restocking fee if you arrange it with them ahead of time. The return shipping is sometimes comped as well, but that's hit or miss. When you really need a part to find out what else is broken you have to pay something if you don't have extra hardware around. The cost of return shipping is usually not enough to dissuade me. :cheers:

The customer service is the reason Newegg is still around. They might not always have the lowest price but they have never disappointed me when I've had an issue with something.

i borrowed a 400w power supply from a friend and plugged it in and the voltage in the bios when i can get there is now fluctuating verry badly on vcore going from 1.002v to 1.699v it also wouldn't boot windows or linux and half the time wouldn't even post, so i tried the power supply on an old am2 board and it was stable so guess im getting a new board :angry:

Zotac has replaced them for making decent motherboards oddly enough. I would not be surprised to see Zotac actually buying foxcon and Biostar. I am not saying that it will happen, I am just saying I could see it happening.

Now how could Zotac buy Foxconn. Foxconn is the world's largest maker of electronic components and the largest exporter in China. You sure pulled this out of a jack in the box TJ. Zotac's net worth could not buy a fraction of Foxconn. Foxconn is also the largest private sector employer in China. Zotac employs 6,000 and Foxconn employs 400,000. Wow and you think Zotac can buy them?

Edited by Drdeath

Now how could Zotac buy Foxconn. Foxconn is the world's largest maker of electronic components and the largest exporter in China. You sure pulled this out of a jack in the box TJ. Zotac's net worth could not buy a fraction of Foxconn. Foxconn is also the largest private sector employer in China. Zotac employs 6,000 and Foxconn employs 400,000. Wow and you think Zotac can buy them?

:lol: Finally someone pointed this out. :D

:lol: Finally someone pointed this out. :D

Zotac could not buys a pimple off Foxconn's arse! Gotta love Tj though. He is sometimes fabricating things. Wonder is some of the fish actually bite?

Edited by Drdeath