Overclocking My GTX 570

when i had a arctic accelero on my 6970s temps were way down across the board, so im not sure where you got that info from

AFAIK you cant monitor VRM temps on most single GPU cards, only dual gpu cards. When I had an Accelero on my 5970, I nearly fried the thing with the VRM temps over 100C

Plus I heard that the 570 had a bad VRM design with too little phases ? Probably would also get hot since it hasnt got enough phases

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AFAIK you cant monitor VRM temps on most single GPU cards, only dual gpu cards. When I had an Accelero on my 5970, I nearly fried the thing with the VRM temps over 100C

Plus I heard that the 570 had a bad VRM design with too little phases ? Probably would also get hot since it hasnt got enough phases

alright, well im just saying from my own experience with that cooler it was much better than stock, but then again i wasnt as oc'd as you had your 5970 etc.

You need to get special VRam cooling accesories(they are different for each card although the stock ones they give you work for most cards) for your VRam when buying accelero XTREME. You probably didn't and that's why you had those issues, Nyt. That GPU cooler is amazing according to all the reviews i've read. I don't have time to link any benchmarks and tests right now but I will once I get back home.

You need to get special VRam cooling accesories(they are different for each card although the stock ones they give you work for most cards) for your VRam when buying accelero XTREME. You probably didn't and that's why you had those issues, Nyt. That GPU cooler is amazing according to all the reviews i've read. I don't have time to link any benchmarks and tests right now but I will once I get back home.

i doubt that is the case as there is only one version of that cooler that works with the 5970 due to it being a dual gpu card, and i know it comes with all the proper heatsinks

i doubt that is the case as there is only one version of that cooler that works with the 5970 due to it being a dual gpu card, and i know it comes with all the proper heatsinks

Its not for VRAM (memory) its for VRM (voltage regulators that get very hot) .The VRM accesories dont come with the Accelero for single cards but they are included for the dual cards. With the VRM heatsinks, it is still very hot. Without the VRM heatsinks they would almost instantaneously blow under load

The benchmarks and reviews show the GPU temperature while I am talking about the VRM temperature. GPU temps are good but many reviews cant show the VRM temps because you cant actually monitor them on some single cards.

arctic_cooling_accelero_xtreme_5970_furmark_01.jpg

And dont think this is an issue on dual gpu cards only, I have seen reports of VRM temps over 100C on Accelero's fitted to 5870's, 570's and even 7970's.

Just my 2C. Your fault if the VRM's blow under a high OC :)

Nyt's right, and it's a recurring problem apparently. Strange, I've read so many good reviews about it including the one here on OCC (though to be fair the occ review is abotu XP I not XP II).

So should i stick to the vapour chamber (although its loud) or go with the accelero XTREME.

Wait for water, so what if its a little noisy now ? You'll be getting water cooling anyway so if you get an Accelero you would just be wasting money

Just keep it stock if you want very little noise or you can try get the highest stock voltage overclock - increasing the voltage increases the temps a lot and would cause more noise

Wait for water, so what if its a little noisy now ? You'll be getting water cooling anyway so if you get an Accelero you would just be wasting money

Just keep it stock if you want very little noise or you can try get the highest stock voltage overclock - increasing the voltage increases the temps a lot and would cause more noise

Yeah now that i think about it i am better waiting, i dont want to spend money on something that may cause me a few problems. Thanks for your help guys :cheers:

You saw high temps because you were overclocking on air. Even under water a 5970 has crazy high VRM temps.

Last I saw Accelero had fixed that particular flaw within reason but dual GPU cards are still VRM limited when on any kind of air cooling.

You saw high temps because you were overclocking on air. Even under water a 5970 has crazy high VRM temps.

Last I saw Accelero had fixed that particular flaw within reason but dual GPU cards are still VRM limited when on any kind of air cooling.

I saw those high VRM temps because I was oc'ing on the Accelero. VRM temps were fine on the stock fan at 100% because a vapour chamber cools way better than a small thermal pad attached heatsink that gets hot air from the fans that cool the GPU attached fins above it.

I saw those high VRM temps because I was oc'ing on the Accelero. VRM temps were fine on the stock fan at 100% because a vapour chamber cools way better than a small thermal pad attached heatsink that gets hot air from the fans that cool the GPU attached fins above it.

The stock cooler nearly fried my card running STOCK under heavy load. Numerous reviews around the web saw the same problem.