SSD Decision

NerdGoneWild

The Plextor M3 Pro (& non Pro) is busy getting rave reviews all over the internet atm. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the reliability of the OCZ Agility 3. Most new ssd's are much of a muchness. Go with the one which suits your budget & tickles your fancy.

The Plextor M3 Pro (& non Pro) is busy getting rave reviews all over the internet atm. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the reliability of the OCZ Agility 3. Most new ssd's are much of a muchness. Go with the one which suits your budget & tickles your fancy.

I have seen pretty much damaged SSD in forums. I don't know why people trust in this technology...

I think data is important. So I prefer not to loose data and use HDD

I have seen pretty much damaged SSD in forums. I don't know why people trust in this technology...

:pfp:

I've used over 40 SSD's and over 40 HDD's, and I've never had to RMA SSD's because of failure, whereas I've had to RMA at least 5 HDD's. Your data will be more secure in a SSD than a HDD because there's no moving parts and minimal heat.

Mines going on about 3 years now with no issues whatsoever.

:pfp:

I've used over 40 SSD's and over 40 HDD's, and I've never had to RMA SSD's because of failure, whereas I've had to RMA at least 5 HDD's. Your data will be more secure in a SSD than a HDD because there's no moving parts and minimal heat.

Well in theory they're more reliable but with all the different firmwares and controllers every which way they still have their faults.

Well in theory they're more reliable but with all the different firmwares and controllers every which way they still have their faults.

Mayhaps, but I've used a variety of different controllers and firmware versions (I update them all the time).

Mayhaps, but I've used a variety of different controllers and firmware versions (I update them all the time).

Reminds me to check and see if there are updates for my Vertex and my Kingston, and to go see if I can find any 240GB drives for my laptop in my price range (and then move its 750GB into my external enclosure)

Reminds me to check and see if there are updates for my Vertex and my Kingston, and to go see if I can find any 240GB drives for my laptop in my price range (and then move its 750GB into my external enclosure)

If you're looking for a 240GB drive, new or used, just let me know. I've got a few.