Asus Vulcan

Rosco

I am currently thinking about getting myself a new headset and the ASUS Vulcan set stands out to me but I'm still not sure if the are the best option out there. I am going to use it with my ASUS D2x sound card, and my primary goal will be listening to music and secondly it will be gaming. There is a Shennheiser distributor nearby so that is another option but it will cost more if I go that route.

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks in advance :)

I would never touch anything from brands like asus, razer, logitech, corsair although to be honest I did get a corsair hs1 but that was because it was up for sale at $50 and I felt like testing it :lol:

Anything branded "gaming" instantly puts me off.

If your lucky enough to have the senn distributer near you its a definate option for you. I suggest finding somewhere that you can try on the headphones and have a look at some beyers and grado sets etymotic, audiotechnica and shure too. Everyone has different tastes you need to find yours.

I couldnt tell the difference between a razer headset and a dr.dre...I guess Im not much of an audiophile. Now Im satisfied with a $20 generic headset cuz my razer one broke. Meh. lol

Vulcans would be insulted Asus is using their Race's name on such dribble :P

Typically your best option is to get a quality set of headphones and either a Logitech Desktop USB Mic or the Zalman Clip On Mic (which I despise with a passion but whatever, to each their own).

If you absolutely must have a headset... Senn PC 350 / 360 depending if you want an opened or closed back and then you always have the insanely expensive Beyerdynamic MMX 300. Quality is second to none but it'll cost you.

Really though... typically speaking... the general Logitech / Razer etc headsets will be "good enough."

If you really want a headset that isn't too expensive, get the Steelseries Siberia V2. That is the second most comfortable headset I have ever used, after hours it did not bother me and its pretty good too. Mic was good too, mine broke because I dropped it almost every day at least twice (The soldering broke I think :( ). The Sennheiser HD598 is the most comfortable headset I have ever used and is my current one. Love the sound. It is kind of expensive though and does not have a microphone.

If the Vulcan and for that matter any gaming branded headset has a sound similar to the siberia v2 that I think I'll pass, because I currently have a set of siberias and although they are superbly comfortable their sound seems to be lacking a little to be honest. I am considering getting the Senheiserr HD558 because they are R2200 in SA but the HD598 is VERY tempting at R2750 so I will have to see where my budget is at the end of the month. :glare:

Thanks for all the prompt repleis :thx:

If the Vulcan and for that matter any gaming branded headset has a sound similar to the siberia v2 that I think I'll pass, because I currently have a set of siberias and although they are superbly comfortable their sound seems to be lacking a little to be honest. I am considering getting the Senheiserr HD558 because they are R2200 in SA but the HD598 is VERY tempting at R2750 so I will have to see where my budget is at the end of the month. :glare:

Thanks for all the prompt repleis :thx:

the vulcan wont be any better than the siberias imo

What is your budget, and how big of an audiophile are you?

+1

You have to explain what you'll be using them for, what kind of music you listen too, how important superior sound quilty is for you, if you want open or closed back etc. And of course what the budget is. Else we can all be naming various headsets we like. THE best way is to just go to as many stores that sell headsets and give them a try though.

:pfp:

haha yeah I know....I really love music though, dont get me wrong. I just cannot justify the $340 pricetag on those Dr.dre ones when a 20-50 dollar ones will do.