Massive PPD loss

Silas13013

Alright so I have no idea what happened or why, but about a week ago my main rig basically dropped off the face of the earth in terms of PPD. No joke, it's getting about 30-40 points every 24 hours. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the client multiple times to no avail. None of my other clients have had this problem and they continue to put out the same number of points as before.

So has anyone else run into a problem like this? I kind of assumed that it would go away after a while but it has been about a week and no sign of letting up.

Need more information. What clients are you using and what are you folding with?

:pfp: Yeah, forgot that bit.

copy pasta from sig: i7 2600k 4.6GHz | Phanteks PH-TC14 blue version | ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 | 16GB G Skill Ripjaw X | 2x Sapphire HD 6950 Vapor-X | Crucial 128 GB M4 SSD | 750GB Samsung backup drive | 2TB WD Caviar Green storage drive | 1000W Kingwin PSU | Samsung OEM DVD drive | HAF 922

Windows 7 SP1

Client version 7.1.52 running SMP only.

Not sure. I'm still using the v6 console client (looked at the new v7, but it wasn't playing nice with how I've got things setup on my computer, so I'm sticking with v6) so I can't compare too easily. Looking at the folding forum though, it appears some of the v7 clients are getting work units that take days to complete when they used to complete much faster. My guess would be that is what has happened, more or less. Victim of a beta client. Not sure though, so hopefully someone else, with more v7 experience, and possibly i7 experience too, will post here.

Yep I have seen the same thing on my Win 7 machine. Granted it is an old Nvidia 680i MB, Q6600, 4MB ram, and a GTS 450 Nvidia GPU.Turned out to be one of the security updates from Microsnot that sunk mine.I got my CPU back running okay but the GPU is a lost cause right now. Have not had time to tinker with it so just gave up and let my other computer which just sits and folds running for now. Less PPD but at least still folding away.

Yep I have seen the same thing on my Win 7 machine. Granted it is an old Nvidia 680i MB, Q6600, 4MB ram, and a GTS 450 Nvidia GPU.Turned out to be one of the security updates from Microsnot that sunk mine.I got my CPU back running okay but the GPU is a lost cause right now. Have not had time to tinker with it so just gave up and let my other computer which just sits and folds running for now. Less PPD but at least still folding away.

I noticed that it happened right after I installed some updates. I'm not sure how it got "fixed" but my client is now saying 25k PPD so as long as it works, I'm ok with it.

I actually had to roll back the video drivers on a couple of my rig's as the clients wouldn't even run and drivers kept crashing... and now that I think of it, it was after a MS security update...hmm

I have v 7.1.52 as well but have had no problems whatsoever. I have seen an increase in PPD with v7 vice v6. With v6 i was only getting around 300 PPD (SMP only). With v7 I am getting anything between 7500 - 8300 PPD.

I also havent applied any MS security updates since this March 2011. I have only applied the latest of AMD 6xxx drivers since March 2012.

Everything is fine here with stats below.