I almost died...

Waco

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you're still around :) Maybe I should classify my idea of bad . My dad also had a bad accident last year, truck hit him at 70MPH while he was pulling off at like 5MPH and smashed the car into a concrete barrier. The car is right-hand drive.

Heres some pics :

photo0078k.jpg

photo0086g.jpg

photo0067b.jpg

I think you came off well considering you were travelling on a highway

Damn! I have the feeling a newer car would have protected him a bit better though.

Damn! I have the feeling a newer car would have protected him a bit better though.

* My MPH readings were off, blame the metric system we use :P

Yeah the Golf Mk1 wasnt designed for good safety in mind :P Hes got a Hyundai i20 now which is a lot better :)

Edit : Oh and my dad took the pics :) He wasn't injured at all besides minor whiplash he didnt even need a neck-brace for :)

I think there's an OCC angel looking out for OCC members as far as traffic accidents go.

I think you are right. Who was it again that put a car through a barrier on the autobarn at a ridiculous speed?

I think you are right. Who was it again that put a car through a barrier on the autobarn at a ridiculous speed?

King dingeling if I remember correctly and he also survived :)

Waco, so glad to hear you are okay. Do not rush to blame the med, make sure they test you completely to find out why the blackout. Would hate to take you off the med and another black out happen while driving again. Take the black out very seriously and make them get serious in finding it.

Well, often modern cars aren't even enough. The four friends I wrote that died recently crashed sideways into a tree, split the car in half and crumbled it completely. The one I knew the best were so severly injured that they couldn't ID him until they found his wallet. The parents were advised to only see one of the hands, since the rest were unrecognizeable. And that was a modern Opel/Vauxhall stationcar. They hit the tree with 78 mph or 125 kmh.

The worst part is that the only damage the tree took was a minor scratch.

I've also been told that it's "safest" to be hit from the front, since the chassis around the engine is designed really well to crumble. That's also why you poor cobalt is so torn up.

Well, often modern cars aren't even enough. The four friends I wrote that died recently crashed sideways into a tree, split the car in half and crumbled it completely. The one I knew the best were so severly injured that they couldn't ID him until they found his wallet. The parents were advised to only see one of the hands, since the rest were unrecognizeable. And that was a modern Opel/Vauxhall stationcar. They hit the tree with 78 mph or 125 kmh.

The worst part is that the only damage the tree took was a minor scratch.

I've also been told that it's "safest" to be hit from the front, since the chassis around the engine is designed really well to crumble. That's also why you poor cobalt is so torn up.

that's the worst thing to hit...a tree...because they don't move...sorry for the loss...