I almost died...

Waco

So on my way to get some surprise fireworks for BluePanda, apparently I blacked out while driving (thanks ambien). I had just started taking it last Thursday...obviously I won't be taking it EVER AGAIN. Some people react weirdly to it...I guess I'm in the 1% now. :lol:

Anyway - the following are the result of me driving ~70 MPH down I-85 southbound in SC. Apparently when I blacked out (or whatever it was, I have no recollection of anything besides coming to after the car was stopped) I drove off the side of the road to the right, bounced off of the embankment, flew across the road in the other direction, busted through the steel retaining wires, and came to a halt. The airbags didn't deploy...which I guess I'm glad for. I'd be more beat up if they had.

The EMTs told me that pretty much the only reason I'm here now is because I was totally limp from being blacked out. I'm not unscathed, but I'm still alive. I get to go in tomorrow to probably get both of my wrists/hands in casts...both distal radii in my arms are broken. :(

Anway - here's the pics:

IMAG0347%20(Medium).jpg

IMAG0348%20(Medium).jpg

IMAG0349%20(Medium).jpg

IMAG0350%20(Medium).jpg

Looks pretty gnarly huh? :whoa:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap...

:-/

That is crazy, at least you're somewhat okay!

You are lucky that your body went limp, I hear sleeping passengers during accidents fair the best.

Your poor cobalt!

:P

Glad you're OK. :mellow:

By the way, we're still racing my GTI against your cobalt, right? :teehee:

You wanted to surprise Panda, you sure as hell managed to do that.

Edited by l33t p1mp

I got the phone call at 8:40 PM while I was in my late lab -- "Don't be upset, I totaled my car. I don't know what happened." I then got to spend the next 2.5 hours locked out of the house waiting to hear what would happen next. I didn't know how much he was hurt or how bad the car was either...the way he talked I thought it was just a crumpled hood and we'd take it to the shop the next day...no.

I'm just happy he's here. :wub:

Wow.. Waco, I have no idea how the hell you managed to survive that. I'm sure both you and Panda will take broken arms over the alternative. Damn....

So, new Slobalt in the future or are you letting Panda drive you for a while?

So you are injured and cant game? So your suck with lots of free time and limits on what your body will let you do? Couldnt you just break your legs :lol:

Good that you made it out and we happy it was a wire barrier and not armco or concrete

Wow, that looks and sounds insane.

I've been taking Ambien for a few years now. I remember when I first started taking it I did some very weird/crazy things, sometimes I would remember nothing at all and other times I would wake up in the morning and remember everything. Yet have no clue at all why I would do something so seemingly crazy... Ambien can definitely mess with a person quite a lot and I think that is especially true when you are initially starting to take it. As it is now I still take it, but I never have any of those types of nights anymore. I'm sure glad I never had the inclination to drive while on it. Insomnia sure is a classy lady, but the side effects of the medications for it can be way worse sometimes.

Hope you heal up well and and it's good that you are still around after being in a crash like that.

Dude, Waco, I'm sorry man. That is pretty bad! :-/

Is it difficult to type with your distal radius fractures? Will you be able to after getting your casts?

That's got to be really painful. I've never broken a bone, so I don't know what its like.

I'm really glad you made it in any case though!

Hope you heal up soon man!