help newbie choose a video card

so the psu arrived and i decided to have it installed to a tech.

motherboard is an asus f1a55-m lx plus. we test it to boot with the corsair WITHOUT ANY vcard (coz the gtx570 have not yet arrived) but the mobo didnt boot.

unplug and plug the wires just in case loose plugging of the cables is causing this but still it did not boot.

the tech grabbed a generic 500w psu and plug the cables and the mobo BOOT! so i got damn worried!

the tech's analysis is its because of the corsair's 950w power that the mobo can't handle the load (without the gtx570). they dont also have any vcard they can test on the mobo with a minimum power requirement of 500w.

but wat do you guys think? need help!

another question is do i need to buy a higher watt avr for the psu? i have a ups buts its only 500va

Edited by bklixuz

Well it sounds like you either didn't properly install that PSU or it needs an RMA. There is no such thing as " this PSU is too powerful for my rig". I suggest you test that 950W PSU on another system and see if it works. If not, then you will have to take it back to warranty. These things happen so don't worry. :thumbsup: