help newbie choose a video card

I've looked over the site. The EVGA 560 is 9800 P while the Inno3D 560ti is 10300. I don't know if 500P is a lot but i'd take a look at that one. The difference from 560 to 560 ti is fairly noticeable. If the TI is too expensive then go with the Zotac 560 one, or better yet as the above users suggested: give it a month. Prices will go down on the 500 series since the new 600 series from nVidia just came out.

Hope this helped, good luck.

thanks for your opinions guys..

i think im gonna save my cash for a 560 ti.

this got me thinking too, am i better of with the ti's or the OC/SC which are factory clocked?

i dont play games all the time on the pc. just a noob thought that buying an factory clocked card will just be a waste if not used often on games cz all the time im on photoshop. but if the ti is manually clocked will i get a better performance compared to the factory clocked cards? lets say an inno 3d gtx560 ti compared to an inno 3d gtx560 ti OC? i did own and inno3d card before and was really happy with its reliablity.

I would go with the ti over the OC every day on the week. I never recommend getting a plain gtx 560 or even an OC version. As everyone has been saying, they are just polished versions of a GTX 460. They truly aren't worth your money. Save up a bit and get the ti and you will be a lot happier.

the moment i saw the OP, i have thoughts he's from the Philippines and so he was. welcome to OCC! you landed on the right site :happy:

on topic;

yeah, save if gone short and get the 560 Ti then. you'll be happy with it.

btw, haven't you looked here?

560TI all the way. Even an OC'ed 560 is worse than a 560TI. Overclocking your GPU with MSI Afterburner is really easy, although I have to suggest you don't overclock your GPU in the first few weeks. Run it on stock just to make sure it has no manufacturer faults. If it runs fine a few weeks, then you can overclock it with peace of mind since cards today have so many safety features that it's hard to actually burn one.

560TI all the way. Even an OC'ed 560 is worse than a 560TI. Overclocking your GPU with MSI Afterburner is really easy, although I have to suggest you don't overclock your GPU in the first few weeks. Run it on stock just to make sure it has no manufacturer faults. If it runs fine a few weeks, then you can overclock it with peace of mind since cards today have so many safety features that it's hard to actually burn one.

You won't really feel the difference between a GTX 560 and a GTX 560 Ti when you start overclocking. I never unlocked the voltage for GTX 560's, but they overclock really well on stock voltages, and can probably get higher overclocks. The GTX 560 Ti is better if you want the slight performance increase with slightly lower temperatures during load.

GTX 560 max Core Clock overclock to 960MHz on stock voltage:

post-70939-0-46949600-1333209740_thumb.png

GTX 560 Ti max Core Clock overclock to 960MHz on stock voltage:

post-70939-0-06524400-1333209802_thumb.png

From personal experience, a GTX 460 1GB, GTX 560 1GB, and GTX 560 Ti 1GB will perform just a few FPS from each other when overclocked to about the same frequency (The GTX 560 and GTX 560 Ti being much closer). You'll just get lower temps and less sound because of it if you're going with the GTX 560 Ti.

You won't really feel the difference between a GTX 560 and a GTX 560 Ti when you start overclocking. I never unlocked the voltage for GTX 560's, but they overclock really well on stock voltages, and can probably get higher overclocks. The GTX 560 Ti is better if you want the slight performance increase with slightly lower temperatures during load.

560 Ti has 8 SM resulting in a total of 48x8 CUDA Cores whilst the 560 only has 7 SM running a total of 48*7 CUDA cores. The 560 is a stripped 560TI. I wonder if that missing SM in a 560 can be unlock or if it's simply cut down hardware.