PlayStation 4 (PS4)

Fogel

I could understand picking when the sticks start to peel, but I've never even had them peel. All the DualShocks I've had from the PS1 up to the PS4 (plus the PS3 Sixasis) have never had an issue with the sticks being worn down or peeled or anything. I have seen demo unit ones at stores with peeling or worn down sticks, but never in my own use have I had that.

In other news, anyone check out Destiny yet if they got into the beta?

How often was he playing to wear down an analog stick? :lol: I have my launch PS3 controller with analog sticks that still look new, plus two other controllers I picked up later that got even more use and still look great. PS4 one only has about four months of use on it, so way too early to even notice a thing.

All my PS3 controllers are in great condition. I did some research and watch many videos of people that only had their PS4 controllers for a few months and the grips were falling apart. Makes you wonder how long they actually tested these joysticks or what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mn2F5fW_AQ

But hey, what is done is done, I am just hoping some grip-its or something similar can fix this problem.

Edited by jkeener71

I think a lot of it depends on the type of games you play - some games seem to lean more to what I'd call aggressive use than others, like fast-paced fighting games.

I think a lot of it depends on the type of games you play - some games seem to lean more to what I'd call aggressive use than others, like fast-paced fighting games.

And FIFA... Which claimed one of my analog sticks  :teehee:

Yeah, in my case maybe the cracking was due to being left in the sunlight or something? I honestly don't know

As for the PS4s wearing out, maybe they have a softer compound of rubber for comfort and grip improvement but went too soft.

Fighting games get the D-Pad treatment, at least from me.

Interesting vid jkeener; guess some people aren't as kind as others. :lol: Still, putting some grips on the sticks should help, or like Dan said, finding a DS4 controller to cannibalize its analog sticks.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Since aquiring a PS4 PRO, I have moved mostly away from PC gaming, I still play RPGs and certan titles on PC but for the most part I live on the PS4. Playing on the Pro with a 60" 4k TV is pretty damn great.  Horizon Zero Dawn is a masterpiece so far in my opinion. The exclusives are great and I'm having fun with many of the games especially with HDR.  Anyone else on a PS4? What games are you playing? Do you have an opinion?

I know the PC gaming die hards won't approve. I know because I used to be one.

Yeah I moved away from PC gaming part way through the PS3/ Xbox 360 Generations. Now that games are made for consoles and ported to PC, it seems like playing on PC is pointless because it usually doesn't look any better. Also its cheaper, you can sell and buy used games. This all gives little reason to play PC games anymore unless its a RTS or MOBA.