PlayStation 4 (PS4)

Fogel

Anyone play infamous second son yet? Thoughts?

Brilliant. I managed to get my copy yesterday morning (a day early since today was a holiday in South Africa) and finished it this afternoon.

Really shows the potential of the PS4 - Watch dogs might appear dull in comparison but let's see...

Graphics are amazing and it definitely feels "next gen".

Although I have experienced some highly noticeable FPS drops in battles with 20-30 enemies all firing at you and using their powers.

Facial expressions are very well done. Probably on par with the brilliant facial expressions in LA Noire.

Gameplay is great with all your powers, although the parkour seems a little iffy at times and the boss battles are quite a challenge.

Story was also great, but I felt they could do a bit more with your companions (maybe even add a bit of romance and more complex relationships).

I also felt they could do more with the morality system. I felt a bit cheated that I couldn't choose the "Bad" ending because I didn't have enough "Evil karma".

Highly recommended :) Also looking forward to this "Paper Trail" content in the future.

Edited by Knight_72

Anyone play infamous second son yet? Thoughts?

Once I get my PS4, it's one of the games I'm most looking forward to right away. There are others down the road, but Second Son is for sure one of the ones that make me want the system.

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up my PS4 yesterday, but didn't have a ton of time to do anything except get it updated and my free PS+ games downloaded. :lol: Should have more time after work today in between homework, and plenty more time tomorrow with another day off. Very much looking forward to inFamous: Second Son.

Picked up my PS4 yesterday, but didn't have a ton of time to do anything except get it updated and my free PS+ games downloaded. :lol: Should have more time after work today in between homework, and plenty more time tomorrow with another day off. Very much looking forward to inFamous: Second Son.

Go you, I'm just getting through the second now lol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just got some grip it pads for my controller they feel nice

I bought a 2nd controller from a friend and the left analog stick is worn pretty bad, will the grip it pads work on worn out thumb sticks???

I just got some grip it pads for my controller they feel nice

I bought a 2nd controller from a friend and the left analog stick is worn pretty bad, will the grip it pads work on worn out thumb sticks???

That's what I figure they're for or to prevent that...only one way to find out is try. I found some that must have came free from somewhere and they feel nice even though they looked gimmicky

How often was he playing to wear down an analog stick? :lol: I have my launch PS3 controller with analog sticks that still look new, plus two other controllers I picked up later that got even more use and still look great. PS4 one only has about four months of use on it, so way too early to even notice a thing.

How often was he playing to wear down an analog stick? :lol: I have my launch PS3 controller with analog sticks that still look new, plus two other controllers I picked up later that got even more use and still look great. PS4 one only has about four months of use on it, so way too early to even notice a thing.

Same here, mine are pristine on my sixaxis controller but I have seen some people wear the rubber off to the plastic. Maybe they play with them or pick at them when they start to peel...one of my PS2 controllers did develop a small hairline crack in the rubber on the one stick.