What do you think about Microsoft Taking down Zeus botnet?

neddamttocs

25 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Microsoft Taking down Zeus botnet?

• Good
    • Bad
    • I Dont Know
    • Let the Government Handle it

Sorry for the late poll.

This week we want to know what you think about Microsoft leading the take down of the Zeus botnet? Do you think that a company such as Microsoft should lead the charge? Should it be left to Governmental Agencies? Let us know what you think.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17515647

Can't trust the government to take care of us can we now rolleyes.gif

Plus it helps them develop counter measures and stuff... and maybe form a vigilante department :)

I was gonna post a link for the video in which Bill Gates and his henchmen ruin Homer's little computer company at home but I couldn't find it :P

http://simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Compu-Global-Hyper-Mega-Net

Edited by Dan The Gamer

am I the only one who had to google this?

but...yes I think microsoft should(now I know what it means):D

I had to google it too.

@neddamttocs: You didn't find any other topic?

Who's going to vote "bad"? Unless it's the person that runs the botnet. Anyways, good job MS, glad to see them out there doing this.

The question is not about the botnet being taken down but about Microsoft taking it down instead of the government. Someone may believe this kind of security effort should be the responsibility of the government and not a software company.

The question is not about the botnet being taken down but about Microsoft taking it down instead of the government. Someone may believe this kind of security effort should be the responsibility of the government and not a software company.

Well in that case, it's Microsofts job, but I'm the type of person that believes the government should let the private sector do pretty much everything.

Yea, had to google it too :(

Looks like it's been around for a while and the goverment didn't handle it.... just saying..

Glad that MS is stepping up the plate.