How many DOAs have you had?

TheyCallMeGunny

Surprisingly I have never had an item arrive DOA, I have had a few things crap out a few days later though.

This! Unless you count the time I bought Counter Strike: Condition Zero from Best Buy in 2004 I think, when I got home to activate it on Steam, the key had already been used! They exchanged it, no questions asked, the 2nd key worked fine :biggrin:

4 DFI Motherboards...

bought 4 NF2-LP-B boards and 2 were dead... RMA'd and replaced... and all sold off...

Bought 4 SLI-DR boards and 2 of those were dead... RMA'd and received 2 more dead ones... RMA'd and received 1 more dead one...

Thats when I decided to quit using DFI...

This! Unless you count the time I bought Counter Strike: Condition Zero from Best Buy in 2004 I think, when I got home to activate it on Steam, the key had already been used! They exchanged it, no questions asked, the 2nd key worked fine :biggrin:

that would have been me doing that, me and my friends years ago when cdkeys were still the norm we would go to bestbuy and open all the boxes and write down the cdkeys or just take the disc out.

I did stupid things in the past lol.

as for DOA, i think i would say one of everything has been bad. yes you can even get a bad case.

Only a single product I have purchased personally has been DOA, and that was on an RMA. PCI ports didn't work on the "new" Biostar board I had in my old AM2+ setup so I send THAT one back (first one had a massive shock to its power regulator, causing scorching bad enough to see the copper wiring below the PCB)

Left me without a computer for over a month, and is the reason I will NEVER go with Biostar again...

You have extraordinarily bad luck. :lol:

Not really. When you consider the percentage of doa I get as compared to working products, I am still at about 10% which is totally unlucky, it is just not as bad as 23 sounds.

I mean I built about 100 computers for people last year. Each PC has about 8 main parts. So that is 800 parts; 23 out of 800 is not too terribly bad.

The 4 that I had was a bit of a bad luck with my SSDs but I don't think that counts considering it was what I like to call a cascading DOA.