Powercolor 7970 LCS Review

Bosco

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the card actually use more power or is that the difference between the H100 pump and fans and your custom pump and fans?

Either way - that's one sexy card!

Does the card actually use more power or is that the difference between the H100 pump and fans and your custom pump and fans?

Either way - that's one sexy card!

The difference in cooling alone.

A shame I got my MSI reference 7970 for half the price + $115 for the waterblock. $799 and it can't overclock higher than mine? C'mon Powercolor!

Every GPU is different just like CPU's. Some have better margins and clock higher than others and it is really just the luck of the draw.

A shame I got my MSI reference 7970 for half the price + $115 for the waterblock. $799 and it can't overclock higher than mine? C'mon Powercolor!

Agreed....the premium is way too high, IMO. Under normal circumstances, you can get at 7970 for roughly $550 and the exact same waterblock PowerColor uses for $100-125. So you're basically paying a $100+ premium just to have it pre-installed. I don't care if it's the highest performing single-GPU card out of the box, it's still overpriced.

Every GPU is different just like CPU's. Some have better margins and clock higher than others and it is really just the luck of the draw.

Yeah, I know it's luck of the draw, but you would think they'd at least cherry pick the good ones for something at the $800 price point.

~650-670 would have been a good price. Paying extra ~150 only to get max overclock out of a card sounds like a waste to me.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited by d6bmg

~650-670 would have been a good price. Paying extra ~150 only to get max overclock out of a card sounds like a waste to me.

Just my 2 cents.

Factory overclocked cards go for $600+$145 Water block=$745 +No install issues+WARRANTY and it just about works out right.