Bulldozer

isq000

Most actually vary the output voltage through various means. The best ones don't really get all that hot...the cheap ones, on the other hand, get fairly toasty when you turn them down.

My Scythe Kaze Q certainly did it to a noticeable degree. Most of the higher quality units tend not to do it as much, but I don't think any of them have a pure enough pass-through to not affect the RPM slightly.

Mine also burned out a channel running well under the rated power...so take that as you will. I run all my fans directly from my PSU now.

hmm yeah well since you posted the last pm before i've did think about it and end up with same you just said.But then again like i said .. i will change the fans if i have to faster ones.Right now the stock fan for CPU witch came with CM Hyper 212 has top speed 1000 to 1100 rpm and the the rest of the ones ive got probably are the same,could change them to NF-F12’s PWM

So the sketch of the fan build would be :

1 . 3 x NF-F12’s Focused Flow for CPU and GPU - 2x pull and push on Hyper 212 1x pull on side to cool down GPU (1500/1200rpm max ) means 100 to 400 rpm more

2. 4 x NF-S12B System Air flow - 2 x pull (front) 2 x push (back) (1200/900/600rpm )

So the sketch of the fan build would be :

1 . 3 x NF-F12’s Focused Flow for CPU and GPU - 2x pull and push on Hyper 212 1x pull on side to cool down GPU (1500/1200rpm max ) means 100 to 400 rpm more

2. 4 x NF-S12B System Air flow - 2 x pull (front) 2 x push (back) (1200/900/600rpm )

Save some money and grab a set of Yate Loon D12SL-12s. Maximum RPM is 1350 and they throttle down nicely. I have 12 of them in my rig in push/pull on my radiators and even at full speed they don't drone, whine, or anything like that. :cheers:

EDIT: http://www.petrastechshop.com/120x25mmfans.html Get them from here. Petra's rocks!

EDIT2: Hmm...looks like the mediums are out of stock (the 1650 RPM version). If you have a fan controller than can handle them the high speed versions (2200 RPM) are in stock for $4 each too. The low speed version (1350 RPM) is also good. :cheers:

Save some money and grab a set of Yate Loon D12SL-12s. Maximum RPM is 1350 and they throttle down nicely. I have 12 of them in my rig in push/pull on my radiators and even at full speed they don't drone, whine, or anything like that. :cheers:

EDIT: http://www.petrastechshop.com/120x25mmfans.html Get them from here. Petra's rocks!

EDIT2: Hmm...looks like the mediums are out of stock (the 1650 RPM version). If you have a fan controller than can handle them the high speed versions (2200 RPM) are in stock for $4 each too. The low speed version (1350 RPM) is also good. :cheers:

Humph ... thnx Waco ;)

P.S since we have got so far with it ... damn now i seriously have to think/figure it out how to do the cable management right (all the extensions ect) - sounds like a challenge to me :)

Edited by isq000

• 2 weeks later...

Some small update's to my rig :)

Here is the full view from front

dscf0045ha.th.jpg

And here is the inside (1x fan for pull and some cable management)

dscf0046zn.th.jpg

P.S if i want to do the full cable management i have to cut some hole's at the bottom of the MB side in case but i don't have time for that