Computer Ed'S Operation Smoke Screen

VaporX

Hey folks, I have come to recruit you to the cause. On Computer Ed Radio we have devised a way to bumfuddle the people snooping on our web searching habits, sticking it to the man, legally and in kind of a fun way. We ask that at least once or twice a day while at your favorite search engine to do a search for something that has nothing to do with you. For example I search female hygiene products. Once you have done this searh then click on one or two links and then go about your day. The idea is to flood the marketing snoopers with so much BS data their ad targeting goes nuts. The more often each day you can do this the more bumfuddled they will become.

We have created a Facebook Group for Operation Smokescreen and we invite any of you that are participating to join us and share your experiences with how this changes the ads you see on web sites. You do not need to join the group to take part but we would love to hear your experience. So join us as we stick it to the snoopers looking at our search results.

Computer Ed's Operation Smoke Screen

:thumbsup:

To really make a difference, we'd need a lot of different people to make unique requests, or it won't really make a dent.

Thats why we try to get everyone on board.

Edited by ComputerEd

Good luck with this Ed! Not sure if I want to help out though, just because I'd have to disable things so I could be tracked. Might do it; just not sure at the moment.

Jim no need to track, just join the cause thumbsup3.gif

What's the point/goal of this? Even with a million people doing it its unlikely to change anything significantly. :huh:

I'm kind of wondering this as well. I mean even if you give them bogus information about yourself and they advertise candles to you, what's the point? It's not like they're wasting anymore money on advertising than they were before. That's the case for me anyway, I mean I never click on ads that are relevant to me.