Need a new headset

dupp

Hi, i recently bought a turtlebeach ear force z6a but i dont like it that much, so ill get a refund, now the thing is that I dont know what to choose between those two, the seinheiser pc 330 or a steelseries 7h, or any other, i have a budget of 100-150$.

My soundcard is a creative soundblaster x-fi fatal1ty champion series, so im using 3.5mm connectors.

thanks occ!

Edited by dupp

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i recently bought a turtlebeach ear force z6a but i dont like it that much, so ill get a refund, now the thing is that I dont know what to choose between those two, the seinheiser pc 330 or a steelseries 7h, or any other, i have a budget of 100-150$.

My soundcard is a creative soundblaster x-fi fatal1ty champion series, so im using 3.5mm connectors.

thanks occ!

Currently, I'm using the Razer Carcharias. For me, they are just fine for gaming and movies. I have the exact same sound card you do, so I can tell you that they work pretty well when it comes to surround sound in games. With this headset, I can gauge pretty well where things are coming from in games and it also works pretty well with movies. I'm no audiofile by any means, and having said that, I'm sure there are better headsets out there. I just can't afford to spend more than $80-$85 on something like this, but for no more than what they cost, they are pretty comfortable and work very well.

Here's a link to the product page: http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.169415800 . I'm sure if you shop around, you'll find them cheaper.

Edited by jlb34

Thanks for the fast replies, unfortunaly ncix doesnt seems to give refunds on non disfunctionnal items, im talking to the customer service right now.

If im keeping thoses, any1 knows why i have an electric noise in background? Even when i turn my mic off i hear it..

Thats what i had before i broked them, but ncix say they cant refund due to hygienic issues.. Any tips on how to get a refund or exchange for another headset brand? Because right now he just want me to exchange for the same model..

My brother has the Siberia v2 and they sound okay enough and microphone has good enough noise cancellation. The issue for me is the headset doesn't fully seal against my head. So it leaks a lot of sound into the microphone no matter how low I play game volume. That's a no no for me.

This might help a bit.

Any tips on how to get a refund or exchange for another headset brand? Because right now he just want me to exchange for the same model..

Usually they can only exchange for same model or store credit (most stores only have exchange for same model). So just exchange them and try to sell online.

Edited by AZNguyen

How much did your turtle beaches cost?

If your budget is 150 and your turtle beaches cost 50, that leaves 100 bucks in the budget in theory.

I too have the razer Carcharias and they don't exactly impress me. They don't seem to fit quite right and I am having a slight issue with the adjustments not gripping and staying in place. I have to adjust them each time after a game (FFA game on MW3). They are nice because they are light and pretty comfy, but they are still lacking IMO.

I would go with the Corsair 1500 headsets. There is much more foam and it sits a lot better on your head. If I were to hop in a time machine and go back to the day I purchased my headsets, I would have spent the extra 50 (at that time) for the Corsair 1500.

Side note: On the razer headsets, because of the way they are packaged, there is a divot in the head band foam from where it was resting on the card board. I don't know if that is something that can be fixed, but I was pretty disappointed in that.

Yeah. I recently bought the Corsair Vengeance 1500 gaming headset. It's amazing, very high quality and the sound is exceptional for the price. Just be ready to tweak the equalizer as the headset lacks bass without it.

The corsair headsets, HS1, HS1A, 1500 and 1600 all use identical drivers. The HS1 which I have and the 1500 have the same inline USB sound card. While they may respond cleanly fit nicely and you don't really notice you have them on..... They really do suck.

The base response is near on non existent (making them a poor choice for a lot of movies, music and games) the highs while clear have nothing on the pair of HD480s I had that gave up the ghost.

Try out these headphones

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000065BPB

HD280s are something real special and perform above the $100 they are marketed at.