OCC HWBOT OC Competitions: Round Two

scr4wl

Also, does throttling effect the results at all? I noticed when taking screens that my CPU is throttling down to 1.6GHz which is something it's hasn't done since I first overclocked it.

The benchmark should put your CPU under load which will bring the clocks back up so the throttle shouldn't have an effect. If it does it would be a small one.

Your scores might be reported though, because the frequency doesn't reflect the overclock, I'm not sure how that works.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The benchmark should put your CPU under load which will bring the clocks back up so the throttle shouldn't have an effect. If it does it would be a small one.

Your scores might be reported though, because the frequency doesn't reflect the overclock, I'm not sure how that works.

I can always do it again if need be.

Well I'm on spring break right now and my computer is at my dorm so I won't be able to resubmit for another week at the earliest.

I'll probably add another week or two to the deadline for this one.

aight, downloading vantage now, im going to do a run tonight with my crippled 6970, then another tomorrow with my new 7770 cf.

ive had to leave cpu at stock cause i sold my h70, and im not overclocking the 6970 in this condition, we will see about the 7770s though :evilgrin:

So I am realizing that the drivers I am using aren't approved by FutureMark yet :mad: So in order to get a valid score, I would have to uninstall my current drivers that allow me to use CF in Skyrim, install older drivers that are approved, but don't work for CF in Skyrim, run Vantage, then uninstall those "approved drivers", and reinstall the new drivers again :doh: Looks like unless I am extremely bored and want to change drivers that are running solid right now, I will not be helping the OCC HWBOT team with Vantage scores until after they approve the drivers that work with Skyrim and CF :-/ Just can't risk anything with AMD drivers when I have it working right now :rofl:

Then can we take our scores, divide them by the money we each spent respectively, and see who wins the ALL-Important Price-to-Performance ratio :whistling::P

money spent or retail value? :evilgrin: