Ivy Bridge delayed until June...

Different sources seems to say different things..

Intel Ivy Bridge Revised Launch-Schedule Revealed

Citing issues with the 22 nm manufacturing process, Intel postponed the release of its 22 nm "Ivy Bridge" Core processor family by as much as 10 weeks. There still seems to exist some confusion surrounding this launch, which SweClockers sought to clear with its latest article containing important dates related to the launch.

• 8 April, 2012: This was supposed to be the day "everything" (all CPU models slated for April, compatible motherboards) launched. Instead on this day, motherboard vendors will launch their products based on Intel Z77, Z75, H77, and B75 chipsets. System builders (you) will have to use existing "Sandy Bridge" processors, which are very much compatible with those motherboards. You will not be able to buy "Ivy Bridge" processors from anywhere on this day.
  • 29 April, 2012: This is when Intel will launch quad-core Core i5, Core i7 "Ivy Bridge". On this day, the media will be able to post reviews of the new processor platform. It's not clear if you'll be able to buy these chips on this day, either. Perhaps you might,
  • 3 June, 2012: This is when Intel will launch Q77 and Q75 chipset. The notebook platform based on "Ivy Bridge", dual-core "Ivy Bridge" processors, and the much talked about Ultrabook "Ivy Bridge" form-factor are due for "sometime in June".

Source

• Like 1

I keep coming back to why does it matter. So Intel pushes back the date big deal it just means we get the chip option a little later. Right now in all fairness there is no need to rush this chip out the door, the i5 2500K rules as the best all round value in a CPu with NOTHING even close to it. Ivy Bridge will not really add much for that price range of CPU and consumer since this level typically uses discrete video, the real power of the Ivybridge over Sandybridge would be ignored. With the exception of the must have people (most here) anyone with a current generation i5 will have no real reason to upgrade.

Says the man who just upgraded to a 2600K :biggrin::thumbsup:

I never said I was a reasonable man. :lol:

If I was reasonable I'd still have my Core 2 Quad. I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place if I was being reasonable back then though...:rofl: Nor would I have anything watercooled...or 16 GB of RAM...etc. :P

I am no longer able to get Virtu working, a 2-hour 1080P edited video encoding session took 48 hours. If I didn't have an i7 2600K at 4.8GHz with a GTX 580, it would have taken a week. If I had Virtu working, it could have taken 6 hours.

I am no longer able to get Virtu working, a 2-hour 1080P edited video encoding session took 48 hours. If I didn't have an i7 2600K at 4.8GHz with a GTX 580, it would have taken a week. If I had Virtu working, it could have taken 6 hours.

Then it might be due to any problem with your motherboard.