uATX Gaming powerhouse rig

Laststop

Unfortunately their wont be any pics I'm kinda making this log like a public personal journal of the build. The only mods I'll be doing is sleeving all my wires in UV reactive red as that's really the only thing I'm good at handyman wise and putting in some UV lights and some red lights. Color theme will be good ole black and red. Today will be day one of my build as I just placed an order for my power supply as it is on sale for 15% off till tomorrow + I have a 30 dollar rebate I have to use by the end of the month so I now have my first component the SeaSonic Platinum-860 80+ platinum certified 860 watt crossfire/sli ready PSU.

This seasonic PSU just screams quality. It has intelligent thermal controls that actually turn the fan completely off and go into full silence mode until the threshold temp is hit then it slowly ramps up the speed on some high quality Sanyo Denki San Ace Silent Fan. Basically it makes sure the fan is running the lowest it has to to keep safe temps so you are never making unnecessary noise. It uses all high temp premium Japanese caps. Full total modular cabling. Single 12V rail supplying 71a. 4x 6+2 pci-e. With the 15% off sale and 30 dollar rebate it comes to 157 dollars with free shipping.

Professional reviews have shown that even though this PSU is rated for 860 watts it can actually pump out close to 1000 and still be under 80+ gold certification at 1000 watts so this psu should have a few hundred watts of headroom for any overclocking needs even after powering 2 7970's and a i7 2600k. SO anything over an 850 watt psu is overkill to me. I think I am better off getting a high quality top of the line premium 850 watt class psu than getting a higher wattage psu with cheaper parts plus this one is on sale till tomorrow.

So first part has been purchased. More to follow stay tuned for updates.

Running tally of total cost: $157

Update: Am placing order for 3 noctua nf p12 120mm fans. and 2 92mm noctua fans plus i already have 2 of the 120. I love these noctua fans, powerful airflow with minimal noise.

It will be set up with 2x 120mm fans in the front sucking in cold air 2x 120mm fans exhausting hot air out the top and 1x 120mm fan exhausting hot air from the upper rear.

The 2x 92mm noctua fans will be used to blow air onto the stock gpu

Price of 5 of 7 noctua fans (own 2 already): 109 dollars + free shipping

Total running tally: 266 dollars

266 dollars and all i got is the psu and premium fans

$472 for 32 fans...... :-/

Why did you make me think of my next fan purchase?

Now just a wait for the release of the 7990 cards. Then some progress can be made on this build here.

I spent $1400 on ten fans, a reservoir, two pumps, three radiators, three blocks, compression fittings for everything, tubing, dye, and a kill coil :(