• iMac / Mac mini / Other Desktop Mac
    • iPod (Any Type/Gen)
    • iPhone (Any Model)
    • iPad (Any Model)
    • Cinema Display (Any Size)
    • None
    • Apple TV
    • Apple Networking Items (Any)

None. I tried using my friends mac laptop to see if I would like it. The track pad nearly drove me to insanity. :yucky:

I had to use one for a presentation thing one night -- and I could NOT get used to it...haha

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to use one for a presentation thing one night -- and I could NOT get used to it...haha

Did you keep trying to double tap too? That was my biggest issue was I kept trying to double tap...and tap....and tap.. finally my friend is like no you press down on the pad....................................................................... :pfp:

Up until that point I was very middle of the road on the mac vs pc thing. After that I picked a side.

So screw you ghost of Steve Jobs, you could have had another 900 dollars profit in your pocket if it weren't for your stupid hipster mice.

Did you keep trying to double tap too? That was my biggest issue was I kept trying to double tap...and tap....and tap.. finally my friend is like no you press down on the pad....................................................................... :pfp:

Up until that point I was very middle of the road on the mac vs pc thing. After that I picked a side.

So screw you ghost of Steve Jobs, you could have had another 900 dollars profit in your pocket if it weren't for your stupid hipster mice.

you can just tap it.. but it probably was not activated in system preferences

Edited by Il_napoletano

I've hated OSX and Macs for ages... but guess what, there's an option in System Preferences for:

1) Tap to click

2) 2-finger tap for secondary click

amongst a whole load of other trackpad options for multitouch gestures... it's actually quite good once you activate all the stuff that should have been DEFAULT :lol:

Then you can download a free utility called MiddleClick for 3-finger tap = middle click

THEN it's usable lol... I keep the press to click for drag, since not having drag as tap makes mis-taps virtually impossible (for me anyway)

I think Apple must think, "everyone likes ONE button on their trackpad... ONE button on their phone... omg, multiple buttons, how does that work?!" :lol:

I've hated OSX and Macs for ages... but guess what, there's an option in System Preferences for:

1) Tap to click

2) 2-finger tap for secondary click

amongst a whole load of other trackpad options for multitouch gestures... it's actually quite good once you activate all the stuff that should have been DEFAULT :lol:

Then you can download a free utility called MiddleClick for 3-finger tap = middle click

THEN it's usable lol... I keep the press to click for drag, since not having drag as tap makes mis-taps virtually impossible (for me anyway)

I think Apple must think, "everyone likes ONE button on their trackpad... ONE button on their phone... omg, multiple buttons, how does that work?!" :lol:

now with Lion OS and a magic mouse or trackpad.....there are a million and one multi-touch options you can do with it...especially for photoshop...you never have to use the zoom/scroll/rotate tools....you just pinch the mouse/track then zoom....IT'S GREAT!!!!! lol

people tell me...omg I hate apple mice/trackpads cause they are so annoying...i prefer 1tap first click or 2tap first click etc......For all of you guys out there....here it is....An Apple Mouse/trackpad has to be personalized! to what the user prefers...so please don't come to me saying I hate apple mouses when you haven't touched mouse preferences....the end :thumbsup:

Edited by Il_napoletano

Show apple r+d my naga, their heads would asplode

Ah, I didn't realize it was fake. I literally saw the wheel, turned off the video, and was on my way to take to the Mac CEOs or iCEOs as they like to call themselves. SOOOOO glad it was a joke though. I was seriously pissed. I guess that is what I get though for not watching things all the way through :doh::lol:

Edited by Tjj226_Angel

Now what WOULD have been cool is if the entire keyboard was a touch screen. The whole thing could have been used as a mouse, or a drawing surface (especially if you could use like a stylus pen, that way you could sign E-documents and email them right away rather than having to print, sign, scan, and email), or maybe for editing in some fashion or another. When you click in a text box, a keyboard would appear. Then you could type away. I think if they could call up nintendo and partner up to take inspiration from the Nintendo DS and get some ideas, THAT would be interesting. This wheel thing just pisses me off and pretty much marks the final nail in the coffin for mac for me.

This sounds like an iPad or any other tablet to me......

Also you do know what Onion News is right?

This sounds like an iPad or any other tablet to me.....

Also you do know what Onion News is right?

Eh, yes, but more integrated. For instance, if there is a group of files to sort out in your C drive we will say, wouldn't it be nice to see that clutter literally? The touch screen could show a desk with spread out file folders and you can touch the desk to move the folders around to your liking. That way for all those people who see file folders on a desktop and freak out, will have a more personal experience with it as they relate to real life. So basically whereas a tablet you still have to give commands in order to perform, this would work seamlessly with the OS and the human user.

As for Onion News no. I am home schooled, and any exposure to the outside world is really only college. Since I don't socialize I don't really know what a lot of stuff is. I mostly sit in my room and build weapons and explosives. I can put on a great light show and possibly get some government interest in my ideas here and there, but I know jack squat about social world.

Edited by Tjj226_Angel