Start programming

Il_napoletano

Saying you want to "start doing some programming" is very vague. Any particular language?

I'm a big fan of W3Schools and ever referred to that site when I did programming professionally. It won't cover advanced stuff, but it's a good start. In addition, once you figure out what language you want to learn, go to AddedBytes and print out the appropriate "cheat sheet" - they're awesome to keep handy.

And always remember, Google is your friend.

english....:)... binary and java i think....yeah ive looked on google already...but sometimes it's better asking

Um. Binary isn't a programming language as far as I know. Binary is a number system. Java is a programming language.

Um. Binary isn't a programming language as far as I know. Binary is a number system. Java is a programming language.

This is correct. Binary is a number system, as are decimal, hex, and octal. In my programming experience, I prefer hex.

Java was the first language that I learned, but now I hate when I have to program in Java. C/C++ are my preferred languages.

Saying you want to "start doing some programming" is very vague. Any particular language?

I'm a big fan of W3Schools and ever referred to that site when I did programming professionally. It won't cover advanced stuff, but it's a good start. In addition, once you figure out what language you want to learn, go to AddedBytes and print out the appropriate "cheat sheet" - they're awesome to keep handy.

And always remember, Google is your friend.

+1, W3 is a very good resource.

Isn't java just C++ but run in a virtual machine.

Java and C++ are both C-based languages, but that is about where the similarities end. You will find that many languages are C-based which can help in learning other languages, but can also cause a bit of confusion when moving between languages. ;)

Once you do C, almost everything else is easier to learn. However things like memory allocation and pointers can be difficult to learn for beginners. Java however does all of that in the background (which make Java slower to execute than C, since its not as low level as C).

I think the industry now mostly uses C#, C++, and Java. From the job requirements that I see posted.