Lan Ultra Budget Build

Black64

So I need an extra PC just for Lan gaming and I decided to build one for as cheap and fast as possible. I really saw no reason to use brand new parts, so the only part that was new was the HAF 922. Everything else was used. I only need it to play moderately intenseive games and I also just wanted to see how little I could spend. So here it is. (note all prices before tax)

img16811.jpg

Parts/cost

Case-HAF 912 For $59.99 plus MIR down to $49.99

CPU- Core 2 Duo @1.8ghz

GPU- XFX 8800 GTS 47.00

PSU- OCZ StealthXStream 500 Watt PSU $30.00 (with free 120mm CM fan, the blue fan on the front)

Mobo-Stock Dell (foxxcon)

Ram-1 GB DDR2

Spray Paint $12

(Note that the CPU, Ram, and mobo came with the Dell I bought they were together $110)

Total is $248.99

Now the Dell I got came with a PSU, GPU and case that I did not use but resold.

GPU -$12

PSU -$10

Case -$50

So if I add all these together the

Grand Total is 176.99

So I just wanted to challenge myself and make a really good budget build, maybe next year I will try another one. :teehee:

Edited by Black6464

Haha nice dude. Looks good, love the monster symbol.

How well does it run, what kind of games you playing? What settings? Just curious.

I haven't tried a lot yet, I have played Garys mod at medium settings and I get 30-60fps most of the time, Starcraft 2 runs at high just fine to, I use it mostly for Starcraft 1 and nightfire thou. Great lan games :biggrin:

Edited by Black6464

Nice job dude! yeah, tell us what you can run on it. Most netbooks cost more than that and probably can't play the games you play.

Starcraft 2, Section 8, Star wars battlefront 1 and 2, Mount and blade(all of them) Brink, C&C 3 and 4, NFS most wanted and total war rome.

Just to name a few. :biggrin: