23 replies to this topic

#1 cirro

cirro

mmmm...... data.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1582 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:17 AM

all i want is to band together with people worldwide for a giant "hah-hah" against american airlines
airline companies IMO have almost done everything they could to make flying completely un-enjoyable

this is what happens when you take so many dumps on your customers, nobody cares when you get flusheeeed yourself

©hallenge(o)f®everse(e)ngineering

#2 iskout

iskout

For Aiur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1160 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

Haven't actually flown anywhere in the past like 8 years, so I have no idea. I have heard plenty of horror stories, though, lol.

Case: NZXT Source 530
PSU:PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk III 750w
Memory:Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz 9-9-9-24
Mobo: Gigabyte Z87x-UD4H
CPU: Core i7 4770k @ Stock for now!
GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Hawk @ Stock for now!
Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo With 1x stock fan, 1x CM Sickleflow fan
Storage: 2x 1.5TB Western Digital Caviar Green, 1x 1TB WD Caviar Blue, 1x Mushkin 240GB SSD

#3 Kamikaze_Badger

Kamikaze_Badger

(⌐■_■)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8337 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

They're better than AirTran and Quantas in my experience.
Is my Razer Diamondback retro yet?
s

Graciously recommended from KB, is some muffricken Christian death metal. It is a must hear, it pushes envelopes, explores new ground. Words can't describe just now incredibly awesome this is. Cue the alter smashing, bench flipping, and bible reading while thrashing away at guitars and drums.

I witnessed regional Special Olympics and Challenge Day; there's far more intellect there than there is in internet arguments.

#4 bishop245

bishop245

So broke I can't even pay attention.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10004 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:35 AM

I haven't flown in a year or 2 but it usually isn't that bad for me. I always fly coach so I don't expect any perks, or any real comfort.

#5 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Even the sun goes down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7174 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:00 PM

Bad weather in Chicago last night, 2 hour delay with AA both incoming and outgoing, but at least I'm back home.

#6 cirro

cirro

mmmm...... data.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1582 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:24 PM

Bad weather in Chicago last night, 2 hour delay with AA both incoming and outgoing, but at least I'm back home.

you should of PM'd me. i could of came up there and did a little dance of something and entertained you.
im always looking for an excuse to go to compusa/microcenter :popcorn:

#7 El_Capitan

El_Capitan

Even the sun goes down

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7174 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

you should of PM'd me. i could of came up there and did a little dance of something and entertained you.
im always looking for an excuse to go to compusa/microcenter :popcorn:

Hah, next time. :biggrin:

#8 CheeseMan42

CheeseMan42

Certified NVIDIA Fanboy

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4377 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

All the flying I have done in the past few years has been Jet Blue or Southwest. Except for two job interviews where my tickets were just e-mailed to me to print out, I believe those were both American. Experience wasn't too bad for those flights.

Though I did have a ~3 delay for Jet Blue once due to "inclement weather," which in this case means the President was flying into Logan from DC and they wouldn't let normal people into the airspace.

i7-6700K @ 4.2GHz | Noctua NH-D14 | MSI Gaming M7 | 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | GTX 980 Ti | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | Corsair 750TX | CM Stacker 830 | SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium | Sennheiser HD650 + Schiit Magni/Modi 2 + Logitech G430 | Logitech G500s | CM Quick Fire Rapid

Intel i3 NUC | 8GB RAM | Samsung 120GB M.2 || Samsung Chromebook || Google Nexus 7

SteamFor Sale Thread | OCC Steam Group | Follow OCC on facebook.png
Gr4vitas (3/18/09) - So moral of the story is. Vista 64 bit makes me happy in the pants.

#9 Muchoman1

Muchoman1

De-railer of threads, Destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1562 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

They're better than AirTran and Quantas in my experience.

qantas are having alot of issues with the workforce being unhappy getting paid %50 more than the other workers for other airlines, so they are going on huge strikes etc

The Hive 
               i7 3930k @ 5GHz 24/7   32Gb Corsair Dominator @ 1866MHz 
                    Asus Rampage IV Extreme    3x EVGA 670 FTW @ 1300MHz Core boost
256Gb Crucial M4 - Boot Drive  4x2Tb HDD Raid 5 - Data Storage 
CPU, Motherboard, GPU and RAM watercooled  by MIPS and Heatkiller 
Heavily Modified XSPC Cube Case 

#10 kingdingeling

kingdingeling

King of the Autobahn

• Folding Member
  • 10258 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:16 PM

To be perfectly honest, not only AA sucks, United and Delta suck just as much! Only Continental is somewhat bearable for long haul flights (Europa --> USA), but if at all possible, I will fly Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, Emirates or Air Canada. On a long haul flight, it's the small things that make you happy, the food on United was absolutely disgusting last time I flew with them. Comparably, when I flew to Hongkong with Emirates, the food was like a restaurant, it was actually quite good considering you were on an airplane!

AA, United and Delta are like the budget airlines in Europe in terms of comfort, I'm thinking AirBerlin, Germanwings, Cityjet, Transavia and such, but for the price of a regular airline like Lufthansa...

I guess I have no excuse for not being as awesome as King... - iKillSteal

Seriously, big credit goes out to King for maintaining this list. He puts a lot of work into this thing and he deserves our thanks! - Verran

RIP

| ThinkPad X1 Carbon | Core i5-4210U | 8GB DDR3L-1600 | Intel HD4400 | 256GB SSD | 14" WQHD |

#11 greengiant912

greengiant912

hl2.exe has stopped working

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1459 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:51 PM

I haven't flown American Airlines but I think the airlines are digging their own graves.

Charging extra fees for everything the airline can think of is just ridiculous.....

I was a big fan of Midwest Airlines, but living in Milwaukee (their home base) they always offered better service here... After they merged with Frontier I started flyng Frontier more and more. They are pretty good, they have some crazy charges, but offer other services like their "stretch" setting which is basically a cheaper form of business class for only like an extra $20. I pay the little extra when I am flying more than 1-2 hours, as being tall like me I get cramped in the seats.

I think the airlines need to start focusing on quality over quantity. It seems so many of them just want to herd people into steel tubes like cattle. We need to go back to the golden age of flying. When people were actually excited and it was a big deal to fly imo...

This applies to a lot of businesses these days. The US is moving into a information and service economy. We want a high quality of customer service.

My aunt just moved to Australia and her flight was almost canceled because of the Quantas strikes... I haven't flown them yet, but from what she says its average flying at best....

They need to stop with the stupid charges, increase comfort, and worry about service if they do that in a way where people can afford it then they will become profitable again...

Edited by greengiant912, 30 November 2011 - 09:00 PM.

My Website  Twitter  XBL  PSN  STEAM

MSI Z68A-GD65(G3) - Intel i7 2600k - eVGA GTX570 Classified - 16gb Gskill DDR3 - Windows 7 Professional x64

15 inch Macbook Pro with Retina Display - Apple iPhone 6 64gb - iPad mini 2 - 32gb - Xbox 360 Elite - PlayStation 3 (Slim) - Nintendo Wii - Xbox One - PlayStation 4

#12 cirro

cirro

mmmm...... data.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1582 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 07:51 AM

who neg 1'd my comment but didnt reply? if your going to disagree, at least tell us why!