The Hive

Muchoman1

• 3 weeks later...

Just between you and me which bank did you rob to fund this build?

Looking great keep it up :)

haha, well if you must know i build and sell a fair few computers to friends, family and anyone who responds to my local ads, i also fix computers etc, and all of the profits of that go to computer parts/systems etc, keeping my money from my job safe

Being the broke 15 year old teenager that I am I can barely imagine having a pc like that.

If u don't mind me asking what monitors setup are u planning on having?

Sorry if someone else already asked that question.

Being the broke 15 year old teenager that I am I can barely imagine having a pc like that.

If u don't mind me asking what monitors setup are u planning on having?

Sorry if someone else already asked that question.

i currently have three dell ultrasharp 23" monitors going in portrait eyefinity, with a 19" samsung monitor for skype and temps etc, i also have a 24" asus monitor that is going into a special project related to the desk.

• 1 month later...

Ok, here is an update

P1140690.jpg

I got these bad boys in the mail last week, they took a while to get made, but they suit this project so well

thanks again to FrozenQ for sponsoring this project with a pair of their reservoirs

P1140691.jpg

P1140694.jpg

P1140695.jpg

@ Dargh, yes this project is still underway, but was delayed bigtime by a few things.

Firstly the EVGA sr-x motherboard took ages longer to be released than EVGA stated, then after all that waiting you cant overclock the new xeons, and im not about to drop $4000 on a pair of fast 6/8 cores, but i would have dropped $1200 on a pair of 6 cores that could be overclocked.

So now im going with the Asus Rampage 4 Extreme motherboard with a 3930k, putting the cpu, ram and motherboard underwater as well as the gpus, which will be a pair of EVGA 670 FTW cards, which fit 680 gpu blocks.

I will get 3 blocks however, so if i need more performance to run things at triple fullhd i can just pick up another card and have a block already here for it.

The second speedbump was the paint finish. Painting the desk myself worked ok for the smaller parts, but on the baseplate (which is over 2x1M) it looks pretty poor, so im looking into other options (either get the entire desk made up in a shop, out of laminate, or use vinyl wrap on the desk)

I have uni holidays in 3 weeks, so i will be able to get a fair bit sorted then, its when ill be buying the parts and watercooling gear, and sorting out the desk too.