Grand Theft Auto V

edwardquilo

Sorry I didn't get back with answers, but looks like bp took over beautifully.  RMAs suck but at least now you know where the problem is.  Hell the card could have been bad new and you just now found an application that stresses the part of the GPU/Memory subsystem that's actually bad.  The water damage on one of my GTX 770s the H100i killed was like that early on before I figured out I had the leak. At first only issues in one game, assumed bad driver for the game, then as time went on more and more issues then I found the leak.

In other news while GTA V is a Stressful game it's got enough proper options that you can make it run pretty darn well on most anything with some graphics sacrifice.  Unlike stupid GTA IV.  I'm proud of Rockstar this time around, not the best port out there but better than most AAA these days and the issues don't kill the experience :)

Sapphires RMA system is kinda dumb, you need to send them a copy of the purchase receipt before they give you an RMA number, if you don't have a receipt there is a $30 fee.........

And GTA V was not a port.

Sapphires RMA system is kinda dumb, you need to send them a copy of the purchase receipt before they give you an RMA number, if you don't have a receipt there is a $30 fee.........

That is dumb, but you didn't buy it online? Just check your email records.

That is dumb, but you didn't buy it online? Just check your email records.

Idk what happened to the email. I cant even find anything in my paypal.

-EDIT- Nevermind I found it.

Edited by slick2500

Saved you $30, trust in the email ;)

"Since your card is purchased from ebay which is an unauthorized dealer 

there will be $30 processing fee apply to your RMA request."

That is a total rip off, Sapphire sucks.

Not really, they provide warranty for new cards from authorized retailers for a reason, some people in order to get around the system have been known to sell "New" cards to friends/family via ebay in order to get a "fresh" receipt for an opened product that info was lost on.  The other issue for a company that offers say a 3yr warranty, someone buys a deal on say a 290X today, 20 months from now someone like myself wants to grab a 290X for crossfire, I find one on ebay NIB from where that other guy bought one and decided to not use it (there are people out there with enough disposable income that this happens) so I buy the new card with a 3yr warranty, now in 2 yrs and 11 months I have issues and RMA the card where Sapphire/whoever thought their authorized retails sold out of cards more than the 3yr warranty period from now and have already sold off the refurb product they had been keeping around for RMAs.  You then run into issues with not only finding an equal card to replace it but also the fact I had been running crossfire and they new replacement likely wont work with my other 290X.  

It sucks and all, but at least they offer the option to do the RMA, some companies just tell you tough shit and count it as as refub or used card purchase, though even if the card is NIB you still aren't the "original purchaser" and warranties are usually non transferable.  

If you don't think issues like this are common I hate to tell you they are, 3yrs in retail management and I REALLY hate the general public and they crap they will try and get by with.

I should also add ebay purchases from say Newegg's ebay account are usually counted like buying direct from the store as they are an authorized retailer in the first place and selling new product.