Grand Theft Auto V

edwardquilo

I agree the CS does sound like a 12 year old,.. ;)

Seems their has been a few accounts compromised due to users having same passwords & username on multiple websites. 

Rockstar support releases statement to locked out users,..  https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/203738707-Account-Hacked

Edited by Braegnok

Rockstar did say some of its Social Club accounts had their info deleted and urged people to change their passowrds. Not all accounts were affected and more than likely is a result of people using the same password on multiple sites, which is something you should not do ever. Change your passwords and that should be the end of it.

It isn't anything bigger than that. I believe Valve is offering refunds for anyone hit by the Windows name bug, but other than that, I haven't heard of others.

• 4 weeks later...

This is really starting to get annoying. Idk what is causing this, but it mostly happens when driving around. I have been doing some searching around and it supposedly GTA V doesn't like overclocked video cards, even factory overclocked ones. So I turned my clocks down to factory R9 270x specs and I will see if that helps any.

Edited by slick2500

Tried disabling Turbo on the CPU? Are the issues mostly with the first-person view or either first or third?

I dont have turbo enabled. And it does it in first and third person.

I played for a few hours with the gpus running at reference clocks, both Gpus are Sapphire Radeon R9 270x Vapor X OC Editions, reference clocks are 1000/1400 factory OC is 1100/1450.

Edited by slick2500

Overall it looks like your "standard" GPU artifacting. I get some flicker about 1 in 20 times I load the game in certain areas and thought that was what you were seeing but the only time I've seen artifacts like that over the years have been unstable OCs or bad cards.  It's entirely possible for even a factory OC or stock speed card to degrade over time or if given a certain render load crack under pressure.  Given that GTA V is one of the hardest games to run at high settings with performance that doesn't match anything else I run on my system it might just be a nice new stability tester.

Overall it looks like your "standard" GPU artifacting. I get some flicker about 1 in 20 times I load the game in certain areas and thought that was what you were seeing but the only time I've seen artifacts like that over the years have been unstable OCs or bad cards.  It's entirely possible for even a factory OC or stock speed card to degrade over time or if given a certain render load crack under pressure.  Given that GTA V is one of the hardest games to run at high settings with performance that doesn't match anything else I run on my system it might just be a nice new stability tester.

How can I test for sure that one or both of the cards are bad? Use Furmark or something similar I assume?

Have you tried playing GTA V with just one of the cards to see what that does? Test with one and then the other. Furmark would be a way to go, too.

I do believe one of my cards is bad, I ran Furmark and MSI Kombustor for an hour each on each card and didn't get any artifacts, but one of the cards produces artifacts in GTA V even at reference clocks. The other card is fine at the factory overclocked settings.