Grand Theft Auto V

edwardquilo

• 1 month later...

For anyone who pre-ordered it, the preload is now available on Steam. It clocks in at an impressive 60GB (well, really 59, but either way it is massive).

I'll be holding off until the price is reduced at least by half. Already played and beaten it on the PS3, so no real need to go through it right away. Much rather put that $60 towards other titles.

For anyone who pre-ordered it, the preload is now available on Steam. It clocks in at an impressive 60GB (well, really 59, but either way it is massive).

I'll be holding off until the price is reduced at least by half. Already played and beaten it on the PS3, so no real need to go through it right away. Much rather put that $60 towards other titles.

I'm torn, like I'd want to purchase early so R* pays attention to PC Gamers who care about having their games on PC but at the same time...that expense. I just don't want them to start ignoring us again.(still sore about RDR)

I think I will also get it when it's half price or so, single player was okay and gave up on the online part when it wouldn't work for a few weeks properly on 360 :/ I think I had more fun in San Andreas which I finished recently

Yeah, GTA Online was a royal mess for the first month or so after launch. Still can be whenever anything big rolls around, like the recent Heists, according to what I've seen.

I never really delved too deeply into online, since like you said connection issues put me off, too. It is fun, provided you're playing with people who know/care what they're doing. Course you can just cause a ton of destruction, but playing the online missions is something else.

The story of GTA V held me a lot more than GTA IV's story did. I didn't feel compelled to get things done in IV because parts of it just felt like a chore. With V, however, I wanted to finish the story because of how good it was. The three characters played with each other so well, and honestly it just helped get me invested in the game more because of how well they worked together. In IV it's just, do this, unlock this area, do that, get a new spot. In V, everything is already there for you and the story just brings it all together into one amazing package.

I think I will also get it when it's half price or so, single player was okay and gave up on the online part when it wouldn't work for a few weeks properly on 360 :/ I think I had more fun in San Andreas which I finished recently

Yeah, GTA Online was a royal mess for the first month or so after launch. Still can be whenever anything big rolls around, like the recent Heists, according to what I've seen.

I never really delved too deeply into online, since like you said connection issues put me off, too. It is fun, provided you're playing with people who know/care what they're doing. Course you can just cause a ton of destruction, but playing the online missions is something else.

The story of GTA V held me a lot more than GTA IV's story did. I didn't feel compelled to get things done in IV because parts of it just felt like a chore. With V, however, I wanted to finish the story because of how good it was. The three characters played with each other so well, and honestly it just helped get me invested in the game more because of how well they worked together. In IV it's just, do this, unlock this area, do that, get a new spot. In V, everything is already there for you and the story just brings it all together into one amazing package.

Lol so it's fitting then, since GTA 4 is kind of the spiritual modernization of GTA III and now GTA V is like a combination of Vice City (strong/good story) and San Andreas (everything else)