picture rant on the liberal art majors and half of the Occupy Wall Str

damian

Saw some of these on reddit and other forums, had to share. Gets annoying seeing all these people whine about how they are making piss poor decisions and then they want to take out their frustrations on the banks.

3Ppu3.png

I17tV.png

ZLtAU.jpg

This is how i feel when im in my English class lol:

BV6Lo.jpg

and to like 40% of occupy wall street protesters:

/rant

Edited by damian
  • Like 1

I feel like you are totally missing the point of the occupy wall street movement. It is not to blame banks for being unemployed, but in fact it is people who want others to take responsibility for their actions. I'm not sure about you, but I personally do not like when anyone can do something that, directly or indirectly, causes others harm and just go about their merry way. I do not think that it is "right" for large corporations to police themselves. When the higher ups of the SEC take jobs at the banks they once "regulated" and then get large amounts of money, and then go back to the SEC to continue the "regulating" it should raise a red flag as to the honesty of the operation.

In addition, I am pretty sure that just because someone is in a liberal arts field, it means nothing about their intellectual abilities or employment opportunities. I am an engineering major, and I prefer to spend my free time creating art that would allow me to pursue such a career if I so chose to. Many of my friends and family are in liberal art professions, and none of them seem to have a hard time finding any jobs.

I do not think it is proper to lump everyone together into a group that you may not totally understand.

cool, another person who has no idea what Occupy Wall Street represents.

I bet you think that everyone there has tons of apple products, and that everyone there NEVER tried to get a job. People like you disgust me.

Feel like filling us in then, oh mighty king? I agree the pictures are pretty crude, but at least justify what you're saying here. Then again, your sig says plenty :P. <3

I believe I justified the reasoning pretty well.

Personally I think your wrong. I have seen interviews with people of all beliefs and all sides of the political spectrum represented down at Wall Street.

I strongly believe that this movement is at least showing us that we can agree on a unified topic in a time where we live with so much stratification in Washington.

Tea Party, Conservative, Liberals all agree that the bank bailouts were not the best thing for this country. While there are a few bad apples in this movement, some crazy liberals, conservatives, etc... The movement from what I have seen has been strongly focused on accountability for the banks that got bailed out. Not a single person to this day has been held accountable for the financial crises of 2008, and the American people want justice over what happened.

It is really easy to watch Fox News, CNN, MSNBC and get a view that these people are crazy liberals or crazy conservatives. In reality its just Americans coming together and expressing frustration.

I have no problem with this movement as long as they keep it peaceful and be respectful to the area they are occupying. That means cleaning up their mess, being neat in the park, respecting the local businesses, and respecting the law enforcement. At the same time though law enforcement needs to be a little more respectful of the protesters, which they have improved upon since the beginning of the protests.

This pretty much explains Occupy Wall Street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wtHTh6NZXc

A well known left wing political activist? Come on :rolleyes:. I may as well watch Fox news to get the other side of the argument.

Zack, thank you, I blew by your post before but you bring excellent points to the table. I agree to an extent with the points you make about occupy wall street.

• Like 1

I don't think you got a clear understanding of what there protesting

While it is true that the subprime mortgage crisis which was a big factor in causing the recession can be somewhat be blamed on the people for talking out loans that they probably could not pay back most of the blame is the banks fault for taking a gamble and giving money to people who they new probably wouldn't be able to pay it back

What a lot of people are upset about is they feel like they got the short end of the stick in this recession the banks and other big business got bailed out and for the most part no one was held accountable for the bad decisions while millions of average Americans got there lives ruined and will probably have to spend years if not decades rebuilding there lives if they still can there are some people out there who have lost everything and because of there age will probably have to work until they die to make ends meet

Another thing people are protesting is they don't like how big businesses controls everything and the fact that in Washington the matters of big businesses are starting to become more important then the needs of the people

Edited by fire_storm

Two good books to read by Michael Lewis, "The Big Short" and "Boomerang". More importantly, "The Big Short". This is likely to happen again within the next 15 years, and I'm hoping to be the 1% and laugh at all you 99%, or should I say, liberals. :P